Differences in Software

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Tac-1

Differences in Software

Post by Tac-1 »

Hello Everyone, I have a quick question in regards to the F-16 in P3D. Can someone verify if the F16 in V5.3 Academic has visible weapons loadouts? or is it visible on the pro plus Dev license version? please help thanks.

Tac
Martyson

Re: Differences in Software

Post by Martyson »

Tac-1 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:45 am Hello Everyone, I have a quick question in regards to the F-16 in P3D. Can someone verify if the F16 in V5.3 Academic has visible weapons loadouts? or is it visible on the pro plus Dev license version? please help thanks.

Tac
Hello Tac-1
Tac

P3D Academic you will see the launch rails.

See the P3D offerings here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/product-overvi ... omparison/
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Tac-1

Post by Tac-1 »

Thanks Martyson, so I guess the pro plus dev version might show the loadouts, and can be changed via XML?
navymustang

Post by navymustang »

Pro Plus allows you to load out the aircraft using the weapons config file along with other files which describe the load. You can get a good handle on how to make these changes if you look at the SDK. Look for weapons.

You can then write XML or Lua files to read/set the LVars which are associated with the weapons. THat includes arming, safing, launching, dropping, etc.
The weapons available are listed in the objects library. Or you can make your own if you have the ability to create the MDL model file.
Tac-1

Post by Tac-1 »

Awesome, thank you!!