3DSMax Setup- cannot locate ini file

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jgnoci@gmail.com

3DSMax Setup- cannot locate ini file

Post by jgnoci@gmail.com »

I am following the setup instructions for 3DS Max as provided in the SDK, I have successfully installed a demo version of 3DS Max. However with reference to the section "Add SDK Plug-in Path to Plug-in Paths" under the 3ds Max 2023 directory, there should be a Lockheed Martin subdirectory - but this is not there and can hence not configure 3dsMax for Prepar3d. Please advise
JorgenSA

Re: 3DSMax Setup- cannot locate ini file

Post by JorgenSA »

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but have you tried creating the missing sub-directory yourself?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
jgnoci@gmail.com

Re: 3DSMax Setup- cannot locate ini file

Post by jgnoci@gmail.com »

I am not sure what purpose that would serve. There are many other subdirectories there = just not the one to select the Lockheed Martin plugin. It should have Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 SDK *\Modeling\3ds Max\3DSM2022_x64\Plugins and then there would be an .ini file in this diretory