downdload and install V5

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
hjvdgraaff

downdload and install V5

Post by hjvdgraaff »

Hi all, I am about to get my new PC ready for prepar3d V5 ( will be purchased this coming w/e :) ) I will have a 2 TB M2 SSD and a 2 TB HDD. My question is, can I download prepar3d to the HDD and do from there the installation to the SSD or should I download and install from the SSD. Secondly, must I create a e.g. P3D root directory or is there another specific place where I have to keep P3D

thks
achimvdg@ziggo.nl
JorgenSA

Re: downdload and install V5

Post by JorgenSA »

You can certainly download to the HDD and then install to the SSD, no problem.

Before you begin the installation, create a folder on the SSD named for instance C:\P3D, and then when you install, on the first screen that comes up (the one with the license question), click on the button at the bottom of the screen called "Options" and point the installer to the folder you created.

And please do remember, when you install, right-click on "Setup_Prepar3D.exe" and then select Run as Administrator.

That's it - happy flying -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
hjvdgraaff

Re: downdload and install V5

Post by hjvdgraaff »

thanks a lot

Achim

MSI X570-A PRO
AMD Ryzen 7 3800 X .
32 GB 3200 MHz
2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
2Tb HDD