[RESOLVED] P3D v4 not starting?!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Jeffrex

[RESOLVED] P3D v4 not starting?!

Post by Jeffrex »

Hi all,

Since yesterday I've been experiencing a strange problem with P3d v4.4.
When I want to startup P3D, the program doesn't really startup. It's stuck.
I see the P3D banner popping up and that's it. When I take a look in the task manager > processes, I can see P3D is running. But only as a background process instead of an app.

I've tried many things, (for example: viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=130201 and viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=128394). But unfortunatly nothing worked out for me yet.
However, sometimes when I use the program to delete the generated files, P3D will start up in some cases. But then the next time I want to start P3D, it won't startup.

It happend out of nothing, no new addons or anything else were added to P3D. Today I formatted my harddrive and I installed a clean Windows 10. So that means now I've got a P3D v4 with no addons on a new and clean Windows 10. But even that doesn't work (after going throught all the steps described in the links above).

I've been trying lots of things. Reinstalling, delete the generated files, made sure all my drivers are up to date. The problem is still there for some reason that I can't figure out at this moment.

Also I've noticed when I want to activate my license, sometimes P3D also gets stuck. One the during activation, the program told me it couldn't make a connection with the internet. Which is strange since all the other programs on my computer work fine and can make a connection with the internet. This happend only once. It activates my license in some cases or it just gets stuck like when I want to start P3D after activating.

Any suggestions what can be the cause of this problem?

Thanks!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v4 not starting?!

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're running into these issues. Were any system or configuration changes made recently? Also can you post your system specs?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Keitheyoung

Post by Keitheyoung »

Same thing is happening to me. P3D 4.3. Starts banner screen then to little blue circle just spins. Task Manager shows it running as a background task. No configuration changes or updates.

I last ran P3D on Sunday 2/24/19
Jeffrex

Post by Jeffrex »

Update:

For no obvious reason P3D seems to work.
Yesterday evening P3D still didn't work. Posted this message on this forum.

Today I decided to fire it up, P3D started and it works again!!!
I didn't change anything on the pc, it just started the pc up. No changes were made (also not recently to my knowlegde).

At the moment i'm installing some addons and see how P3D will behave. At this moment everything looks fine to me!

So for now I will reinstall everything and will see what will happen.
I guess my pc had a bad day or something? Haha.

Keep you posted.
Jeffrex

Post by Jeffrex »

At this moment i'm happy to say P3D is working like good old times!
Just made my first test flight and happy to report everything went well.

I have no idea what caused all the problems.
They seem to be gone without me doing anything about it.

Thanks for your response Rob!