P3D crash when trying to set up controller

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
extra300driver

P3D crash when trying to set up controller

Post by extra300driver »

Hi folks I am wondering if someone can give me some guidance please

I am a long term XP10 and 11 user, using a Mac Pro

Last weekend, I took a brand new PC out of the box and installed P3D. This worked and I set up keyboard and control preferences using the F22

When I started adding PMDG 777 the problems began....black screen on start up, I solved solved using the forums

When I added the 748 extension to the 744, it threw out the control settings. Under options/controls, I now get a black screen for a few seconds, followed by P3D closing

I've done a full uninstall and delete of all PMDG and P3D software. Re-downloaded P3D and and re-installed twice to no effect, including trying to start with no controller connected. I've followed as many of the uninstall guidance notes that I can including hidden files

Anyone have any experience or guidance on this? As I say, I am not a PC man and am at a loss

Many thanks

Adrian
maxam

Re: P3D crash when trying to set up controller

Post by maxam »

Hello Adrian,

Your best bet would be to head over to AVSIM, download and read the CTD Guide that is available here:

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/93-avsim-ctd-guide/

It could be any number of things, the guide will help you narrow it down.

Best regards,
Robert
\Robert Halmich/
Intel Core i9 9900KF - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TI - Gigabyte Z390 Aorus MB - Corsair 32GB DDR4 RAM