[RESOLVED] Updating Scenery

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
JJJackson

[RESOLVED] Updating Scenery

Post by JJJackson »

If I delete and update Scenery, what does really happen? Is the Scenery folder deleted and after that reinstalled or are only the P3D default files in the folder deleted and reinstalled? What I mean is that some add-ons install files into the Scenery folder and also overwrite default files. So does an update of Scenery delete everything my other add-ons have put there? What about the Texture folder and changes.

Jack
janvaane

Re: Updating Scenery

Post by janvaane »

Update Scenery will reinstall ../Scenery excluded ../ Global,0202.0501,0502,0601,0602,BASE
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jack

The only Add Ons you will need to reinstall after updating or reinstalling the Scenery component is FTX Orbx Global Base and FTX Trees (If you have these Add Ons) Also there would be no harm to reinstall the Orbx Libraries again

No other Scenery Add Ons should be effected
JJJackson

Post by JJJackson »

Hm... I have add-ons that have modified Scenery/World--EUW--Global so I guess it is not that easy
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jack

What Scenery Add Ons ?
JJJackson

Post by JJJackson »

A lot of freeware, Aerosoft, some SimMarket, SimGiants and more
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jack

Most Scenery Add Ons Install extra files as apposed to modifying default Prepar3D files, These will not be touched.

I mentioned Orbx Global base as this Add On modify's default Prepar3D files and they will be overwritten with the Scenery update, hence the reason to reinstall this Add On.

But yes its possible the Add Ons you posted may modify default Prepar3D files
JJJackson

Post by JJJackson »

Thanks for the answer. That was just what I suspected.
TMetzinger

Post by TMetzinger »

Poppet wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 pm Hello Jack

Most Scenery Add Ons Install extra files as apposed to modifying default Prepar3D files, These will not be touched.

I mentioned Orbx Global base as this Add On modify's default Prepar3D files and they will be overwritten with the Scenery update, hence the reason to reinstall this Add On.

But yes its possible the Add Ons you posted may modify default Prepar3D files
Thanks for making it clear that you are only replacing LM P3D default files on a file-by-file, rather than a folder-by-folder, basis.