[RESOLVED] Repairing P3Dv4.3?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Jlunddk

[RESOLVED] Repairing P3Dv4.3?

Post by Jlunddk »

It may sound strange, but after I tried Simdirector, where I managed to put some objects in a scenery I exported the sxml and converted it to a bgl. It looks like it kinda worked, cause some of the objects are there, others aren't. BUT now my P3D is all screwed up ie. I can't choose Y to slew, and looking in the menus, things like vehicles, new airport, time etc. are greyed out and can't be chosen.
Do I need to uninstall / Reinstall P3D completely or is it possible to run the setup and choose repair?
And why does Simdirector screw it up? It worked 100% before I went into Simdirector, so I'm pretty sure it's the one which have messed it up.
I was really hoping Simdirector would be the next Airport Designer tool, cause it's pretty easy to pick and place objects with it.

Regards Jlund.
Poppet

Re: Repairing P3Dv4.3?

Post by Poppet »

Jlunddk wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm P3D is all screwed up ie. I can't choose Y to slew, and looking in the menus, things like vehicles, new airport, time etc. are greyed out and can't be chosen.

Hello Jlund

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forum. Try this step.......

Delete the following 3 files, Then launch Prepar3D and test. This will not effect your Add Ons

1) Prepar3D_Default.fxml

2) Prepar3D_Default.wx

3) Prepar3D.cfg

Copy the text below and Paste them into your windows search bar, This will bring you directly to the correct location.

Delete all 3 files above, Then launch Prepar3D and test

Code: Select all

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Code: Select all

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Let us know how you get on

Note: Topic has been moved to the relevant Forum below

viewtopic.php?f=6308&t=131313&p=187305#p187305