[RESOLVED] Installation of P3Dv4.3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Kerrydancer

[RESOLVED] Installation of P3Dv4.3

Post by Kerrydancer »

Hi,

Have just downloaded and installed version 4.3 but am having problems with activation.

Program downloaded using a manger tool with UAC set at zero and my antivirus (Bitdefender) turned off.

The inital Perpar3D opening screen always appears, but the program then hangs. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times but with only a small improvement in that the opening screen appears and the message "Generating Scenery Indexes" appears with the slider going to 96%. Then the program hangs.

I can't get any further than this. Never had any problems with any other P3D version, but 4.3 is driving me nuts.

Any help or solutions to this would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ron
Poppet

Re: Installation of P3Dv4.3

Post by Poppet »

Hello Ron

Can you go through the 5 steps in the link below, One by one to help Isolate the Issue

Try that and let me know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=130201
Kerrydancer

Post by Kerrydancer »

Elaine,

Step 1 Antivirus and Firewall both disabled. Program set to run as Administrator under Properties > Compatability options tab. Program started and hangs on PREPAR3D opening screen.

Step 2 3D generated folders removed as instructed. Program started. No improvement. Program started and hangs on PREPAR3D opening screen.

Step 3 P3Dv4 files and P3Dv4 AddOns moved to desktop. Program started. No improvement. Program started and hangs on PREPAR3D opening screen.

Step 4 P3Dv4 Client removed and reinstalled as advised. Program started and hangs on PREPAR3D opening screen.

Step 5 No Preferred Graphics option available under nVidea Control Panel Manage 3D Settings.
No P3D program options available under Manage 3D settings > Program Settings

I now have an additional problem in that P3D automatically launchees before all of the Start Up programs have completed. I have activated Task Manager and checked under the list of Start Up programs, but the is no listing for P3Dv4.3. Why P3D now automatically starts on its own I have no idea.

I still have the opening screen hang up and can proceed no further.

Ron
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Kerrydancer wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am I now have an additional problem in that P3D automatically launchees before all of the Start Up programs have completed.

Hello Ron

Regarding Prepar3D starting when opening windows, Please see these two topics below

viewtopic.php?t=127811

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5364 ... -on-start/

Kerrydancer wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:38 am Program started and hangs on

Try these steps one by one and test as you go along...

1) First, Does this sound like your situation ? viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=130636

---

2) Have you turned off all the BitDefender Module's and then tested ? Also open the Task Manager and manually stop BitDefender from running in the background and then test again.

---

3) Remove all USB Devices Including extra Monitors and USB sounds cards (Except keyboard and mouse) Plug just 1 Monitor back directly into your dedicated GPU and then launch Prepar3D and test.

---

4) To eliminate a corrupt windows user Account, Temporarily Create another Windows User Account with Admin privileges, Sign into this new account and then launch Prepar3D and test

---

5) Reinstall or Update your graphics driver, Ensure you Tick the Box for "Perform a clean Installation" when you are prompted the option during the driver Install process.

Also you can use a driver cleaning utility like Driver Display Uninstaller to remove your old driver and then proceed to Install the driver again

---

6) Run the System File Checker, Its a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

For a guide to use this tool Click Here

-----------

Try them steps and let me know how you get on
Kerrydancer

Post by Kerrydancer »

Guys

Many thanks to all of you for your assistance.

I managed to solve both problems, so I hope the following will help others.

P3D runs automatically on computer boot.
This is applicable to Win 10.
Go to START > SETTINGS > ACCOUNTS > SIGN IN OPTIONS.
Scroll to the PRIVACY tab. Make sure both options are turned off, especially the lower which will restart apps on updates or restarts.
This was happening to me.

PREPAR3D opening screen hanging.
Delete P3D scenery.cfg file.
Restart P3D
In my case this was causing the problem and deleting the file to allow the program to re-generate scenery file fixed things.

Sincerely hope this will help others.

Ron