P3Dv4 will not un zip

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Daveyfly

P3Dv4 will not un zip

Post by Daveyfly »

Hi I have downloaded twice P3Dv4 but my PC will not unzip it saying its wrong format or another try says its empty (although its 12.5GB ) in zip format, I have no other problems with other programs in zip format , and indeed I have your P3Dv3 and that will try to un zip if I needed to.. can you resolve this problem,, as I have spent 2 x 4.4hrs downloads (9 hrs)
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3Dv4 will not un zip

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Daveyfly,

Have you tried checking the md5 checksums to ensure they match those listed on our downloads page? You can review this post for more detailed information on downloading/checking the checksums:

www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

Make sure you are running the installer as an administrator. If you verify that the download worked properly and the install isn't working you should follow this guide:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126570

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Daveyfly

Re: P3Dv4 will not un zip

Post by Daveyfly »

Thanks for that quick reply Brady, I will give those ideas a try as soon as I get back home, I am downloading yet again the download zip file, but will give those ideas a go when I get back,, once again, I do appreciate a quick reply like this other than waiting days with other software support that some seem to think is the norm ,, well done 👍