[RESOLVED] shader error message

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jyarddog

[RESOLVED] shader error message

Post by jyarddog »

This is what I am getting. Other than this, P3D4.3 seems to be running ok.

I just installed this two days ago. I did the total download instead of sections. I do have the SDK installed also.

my ISP speed is through a dish, numbers usually are 7 or 8 to 16 and upload is about 4 or 5.

error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file: D:\Program Files\P3D\ShadersHLSL\ParticleCS.fx cache-file: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders
jyarddog

Re: shader error message

Post by jyarddog »

After doing 'repair' I still got this message after opening P3D 4.3 and closing without flying anywhere.

[error.0]
error=Shader cache failed to compile or create shader. source-file: D:\Program Files\P3D\ShadersHLSL\ParticleCS.fx cache-file: C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\v4329_sm110_ParticleCS.fx_CSBitonicSortInitialPass_0000000029000000_0000000000000009_0000000000500000.cso
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello jyarddog,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

will do the suggested trouble shoot. btw- my video card is an AMD HD6450 mem size 5959 MB.

I have no add-ons.
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

more information-

AMD Raydeon HD 6450 PCI Express 2 max bus setting 2.0x16 resolution set at 2560x1080x32 mem size 5858 MB core clock 625 mem clock 667 MB I do not overclock

OP is Win 10
CPU is I5
8 G memory

no add-ons

some sceneries added, but I get the shader error even when I deleted these few sceneries. bob
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Did you delete your generated files?

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

Tell me which ones to delete. I did delete the error message txt file. Also the related concerning shader in app\local\ etc. Message returns, always.

I even repeated this entire process with no sceneries of my own activated... no outside aircraft.... just a raw P3d 4.3 I can try that again and report back if you wish.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

You can delete the generated files by following step 5 in the general debugging steps linked above.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

Well- I deleted the files I the steps above. P3D rebuilt which of course cleared the scenery.cfg so- no loaded personal sceneries, cleared out the error log in documents.
Went flying for a few minutes, and closed down... Still- error log about shader.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello jyarddog

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your graphics driver ?

Maybe use a driver removal and cleaning utility like Driver Display Uninstaller to remove your old driver and then proceed to reinstall the graphics driver again

----------------------------

Also, I understand you have run repair on Prepar3D but please try this step as well

Uninstall and Reinstall the Prepar3D Client Only, This step will not effect your Add On's

1) Navigate to the Windows Control Panel right click on Prepar3D Academic \ Professional Client and click Uninstall

2) The Windows programs and features box will appear, Click Yes to uninstall the Client

3) You will now to given the Option to "Deactivate" the prepar3D license, Click No, The license will stay active

4) Reinstall the Client again, Navigate to your Prepar3D download folder, Right click on Install_Client.msi and click Install

Let us know how you get on
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

Your most recent suggestion I followed. Everything rebuilt.... but still the shader error message.

Concerning my video card driver.... on this computer and OS (Windows 10) I have never had any other video card but the AMD Radeon 6450.

I am wondering if my card is too old to be compatible with P3D4. It has served me very well throughout the years.

A fellow P3D4 user thinks perhaps something got corrupted during my download of P3D4. I have dish that points to another dish in town. My dl speed can be anywhere from 7 to 13 and upload from 4 to 7. I know that fiber optic can run a dl of 125 or so. Anyway- I am NOT on DSL, but this dish. Could a variation of dl speed affect the files being downloaded?

He suggests to uninstall P3D4 and download again but choose the separate pieces rather than the entire thing all at once. I did notice that the beginning that on the main page of P3D4 I did not see a folder called addon scenery. I created one. Is that normal? Perhaps I should totally uninstall and reinstall? I do have my product key numbers here on my system. bob
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

To rule out/confirm the possibility of a bad download, have you tried checking the md5 checksums to ensure they match those listed on our downloads page? You can review this post for more detailed information on downloading/checking the checksums:

www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

You can also look at recommended hardware on the following page:

https://prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

It appears that the graphics card you mentioned does not meet the minimum memory requirement.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
jyarddog

Post by jyarddog »

ok- just ran the md5 each item matched so I assume the download is ok.

requirements seem within parameters.