[RESOLVED] OS W7 and Prepar3dv4 diferent drives

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
demos1959

[RESOLVED] OS W7 and Prepar3dv4 diferent drives

Post by demos1959 »

My computer has diferent drives in one of them is installed Prepar3d v4 recentlly updated. The OS W7 is installed in a diferent drive. Last week I have to format the drive were was my OS W7 and reinstall it again.
My question is: I need to reinstall from the begining Prepard 3d v4, or I can fix it some way, because the drive were Prepar3d was untouched and the file is there but when I try to execute the program say:
"Prepar3d encounterd an error during star-up and will now close. Thw license type is undefined due to an unsuccesfull installation. OK "

Demos1959,
Many Thanks.
downscc

Re: OS W7 and Prepar3dv4 diferent drives

Post by downscc »

In Windows, programs and features rely on the windows registry. You cannot wipeout and reinstall the W7 operating system without resetting the registry and thus removing entries for all installed programs. W10 does have a reset that allows two different variations of this. Even if you didn't touch the P3D drive, it still relies on a lot of stuff on the C:\ system drive. This applies to all addons as well.

I'm sure LM may have advice worth waiting for, but I think you are in a situation where everything you had installed under the old W7 must again be installed. Not sure if this means you have duplicated the license, that's up to LM to answer.
Dan Downs
KCRP
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

demos1959 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm "Prepar3d encounterd an error during star-up and will now close. Thw license type is undefined due to an unsuccesfull installation.

Hello Demos

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forums.

You will need to reinstall Prepar3D as your previous Installation was not Uninstalled \ Deactivated to release the license before you made changed to the Windows Operating system.

Then e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated, along with your license ID and invoice number, and we will be happy to get you squared away in under two business days.

For future reference before making any major changes to your computer (hardware swaps, operating system changes, etc.,) please Uninstall\Deactivate Prepar3D first to release the License and avoid activation delays
demos1959

Post by demos1959 »

Many thanks I will do the way you told me.

Demos1959