[RESOLVED] Wrong Ver. Number

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
uhrlto

[RESOLVED] Wrong Ver. Number

Post by uhrlto »

I just installed the 4.2 update, it said it completed with success. However when I go to the help tab in P3D it says the current ver. is 4.1.7.22841.

Whats up with this.

Tony
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Re: Wrong Ver. Number

Post by Brad Shiver »

Hey Tony,

Did you uninstall the 4.1 client in the Windows control panel before installing 4.2?

-Brad
uhrlto

Post by uhrlto »

Brad, I did not, FIXED: I uninstalled the client and reinstalled the client from the 4.2 download. Ver number is now in the 4.2 range. Do I need to install the other item from the 4.2 download individuality?

Tony
Brad Shiver
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brad Shiver »

Most of the updates are in the Client installer, but Content and Scenery are optional and will likely take much longer to install. You can see the changes in Content and Scenery in the 4.2 blog post here: https://prepar3d.com/news/2018/02/114621/

You can update them individually like you did with the Client, or alternatively you can reinstall everything by completely removing your previous installation and installing 4.2 using the Setup.exe.

-Brad
uhrlto

Re: RESOLVED: Wrong Ver. Number

Post by uhrlto »

Hey thank you Brad. I went ahead and reinstalled the other items from the 4.2 DL. It all good now!

tONY