[RESOLVED] Client installer Prepar3D v4.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
mtlt

[RESOLVED] Client installer Prepar3D v4.2

Post by mtlt »

Hi,

i have P3Dv4.1 and i read the information for installing the update 4.2 , that is necessary to uninstall the p3dv4.1 client , in the windows menu :program-features. I see in the applications a fonctionality: p3d academic client.I must uninstall that one only, or it is necessary to uninstall completely P3Dv4.1? I am not sure to understand exactly the process.

Michel.
Poppet

Re: Client installer

Post by Poppet »

mtlt wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:12 pm I see in the applications a fonctionality: p3d academic client.I must uninstall that one only, or it is necessary to uninstall completely P3Dv4.1?

Hello Michael,

The Prepar3D Academic is the Complete Prepar3D Install, This will will Remove Prepar3D entirely from your computer

-----------------

Follow the steps to do a Client update

Note: You must Uninstall the existing Client first before you Install the new Client

To uninstall the existing Client..........

Navigate to your Control Panel, Right Click on Prepar3D v4 Academic \ Professional Client, Click Uninstall

The Programs and Features box will appear, Click Yes to Uninstall the Client

You will now be given an option to "deactivate Prepar3D v4 or not "

If you are simply updating the Client, You can choose “No” Your Prepar3D license will stay active, therefore you will not have to reactivate once the update is finished.

Next, Sign into your Prepar3D Purchased Downloads fill out the Customer Account Information with your Email address and Account Password

Click the little + to expand the Component Installers.

The Client is a stand alone Installer, Click on Install_Client.msi to Download this file.

After the download has completed, Navigate to your PC Downloads

Right Click on the new Install_Client.msi Click Install

Go through the prompted steps to Install the new Client

Confirming the Client update was successful

You can confirm a successful Client update by Launching Prepar3D v4

Click Help > About Lockheed Martin, Here you can confirm you have the most recent version of Prepar3D v4

By completing a Client update you have now updated Prepar3D v4 to a more recent version

You can also check and confirm the Client version number in your Control Panel

Let us know how you get on
mtlt

Post by mtlt »

Hello,
thanks for your reply, it is clear for the client installer. After that, i suppose i can download the new content and scenery if i want it ?

Michel.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Michael

Yes follow the same steps for updating the Content and Scenery as well

For additional Information please see this video link below

https://youtu.be/rTvuZi0NpAk
mtlt

Post by mtlt »

Hello,