[RESOLVED] Virtual reality menu is not present in version 4.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
hanfrysport

[RESOLVED] Virtual reality menu is not present in version 4.2

Post by hanfrysport »

hello, when updating the cleinte to version 4.2 in the virtual reality menu is not present. If I return to the client 4.1 if present, what is the solution to fix this problem? I have updated the latest Nvidia drivers. I have also followed some steps of debugging.
 new file prepar3d.cfg but the problem is not solved. But I am guided to be able to have the functional version 4.2 without having to make a new installation.

forgive my English as a translator. My native language is Spanish
YadSix

Re: Virtual reality menu is not present in version 4.2

Post by YadSix »

Same problem!
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Do you have any addons installed?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
hanfrysport

Post by hanfrysport »

Hello, it does not matter if you have add-ons or a clean installation. Simply with 4.2 the virtual reality menu does not appear
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

Are you trying to use SteamVR (VIVE/WindowMR) or Oculus (Rift)? Do you have the latest updates for SteamVR/Oculus installed? Have you tried running the SteamVR/Oculus in the background prior to launching Prepar3D? The check we make in 4.2 should be more inclusive than the one made in 4.1, because we now add the menu if the SteamVR/Oculus software is found, rather than requiring that the headset be detected.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
YadSix

Post by YadSix »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:15 pm Hello,

Regards,
Kayla
The same addons were installed in 4.1 version without any problem. It sounds like the problem came from 4.2 release, no?! Are we, "Hanfrysport" and me, alone ? (nvidia drivers are updated (Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti) - Driver version 390.77)
hanfrysport

Post by hanfrysport »

Beau Hollis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:09 pm Are you trying to use SteamVR (VIVE/WindowMR) or Oculus (Rift)? Do you have the latest updates for SteamVR/Oculus installed? Have you tried running the SteamVR/Oculus in the background prior to launching Prepar3D? The check we make in 4.2 should be more inclusive than the one made in 4.1, because we now add the menu if the SteamVR/Oculus software is found, rather than requiring that the headset be detected.
hello friends, according to what I'm understanding only the vr menu appears if you have the glasses. I finalized the vr menu in prepar3d v4.0 and 4.1 because the addon gsx the textures closest to the aircraft part of them were not shown. in prepar3 v4 and 4.1 when activating and deactivating the vr option from the menu that problem was solved. That's why I used the vr menu.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

YadSix wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Regards,
Kayla
The same addons were installed in 4.1 version without any problem. It sounds like the problem came from 4.2 release, no?! Are we, "Hanfrysport" and me, alone ? (nvidia drivers are updated (Geforce Gtx 1080 Ti) - Driver version 390.77)
It is possible that your addons are not yet compatible with 4.2.

Regards,
Kayla
hanfrysport

Post by hanfrysport »

hanfrysport wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm
Beau Hollis wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:09 pm Are you trying to use SteamVR (VIVE/WindowMR) or Oculus (Rift)? Do you have the latest updates for SteamVR/Oculus installed? Have you tried running the SteamVR/Oculus in the background prior to launching Prepar3D? The check we make in 4.2 should be more inclusive than the one made in 4.1, because we now add the menu if the SteamVR/Oculus software is found, rather than requiring that the headset be detected.
hello friends, according to what I'm understanding only the vr menu appears if you have the glasses. I finalized the vr menu in prepar3d v4.0 and 4.1 because the addon gsx the textures closest to the aircraft part of them were not shown. in prepar3 v4 and 4.1 when activating and deactivating the vr option from the menu that problem was solved. That's why I used the vr menu.

hello, I've seen that if you do not have installed vr application so it does not appear.to install steam vr if the menu has been shown again.The question is that now that menu does not solve the problem of GSX textures. But at least it shows hahaj
YadSix

Post by YadSix »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:55 pm
YadSix wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Regards,
Kayla
It is possible that your addons are not yet compatible with 4.2.

Regards,
Kayla
To be more precise this is not the "Menu" which doesn't appear in this 4.2 release, but the VR tab ! All addons uninstalled (except orbx) and still there is no resolution
Regards from France
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Is your issue still with seeing the VR menu option? Do you have your headset software installed?

If that issue is solved and you are seeing issues with your addons, please contact the developer of your addon for support.

Regards,
Kayla
YadSix

Post by YadSix »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:06 am Hello,

Is your issue still with seeing the VR menu option? Do you have your headset software installed?

If that issue is solved and you are seeing issues with your addons, please contact the developer of your addon for support.

Regards,
Kayla
Hello,
Yes my problem remains unchanged without any addons installed (except some Orbx products)
I have not yet VR headset, thus still no VR software.. and no top VR tab menu. Am I required to own a VR Headset and its software to see that particularly Tab in P3D??
Regards
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

YAD6 are you using a translator ,What language do you speak?

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

YadSix wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:27 pm
Brady Butler wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:07 pm Hello YadSix,

Yes, you need the VR software installed for the menu to appear. You will need a VR headset to use VR. Otherwise, you will see an error when selecting Enable Virtual Reality.

Regards,
Brady
Hello
I don't think I really understand. I can't do an error selecting Enable Virtual Reality in the Menubar...I haven't such a Tab which appears on the top of the screen! The last Tab is Help. Are we talking about the same thing?
Regards

Hello,

To clarify:

You will not see the Virtual Reality menu if you do not have Oculus or SteamVR software installed.

If you install either software, you will see the Virtual Reality menu. If you try to use it without a headset, you will see an error.

Therefore, you need the Oculus or SteamVR software installed to use Virtual Reality.

Regards,
Kayla
YadSix

Post by YadSix »

aeronauta wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:38 am YAD6 are you using a translator ,What language do you speak?

Jorge
Hello,
Sorry, I don't use any translator, but I don't speak autralian! ;-)
Regards