Could not write value complete to key

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
liamkirkham

Could not write value complete to key

Post by liamkirkham »

Hi,

I tried to update to v4.1 by running the client, content and scenery installers, all appeared fine apart from when installing the scenery.msi, I had an error come up saying:

"Could not write value complete to key \products\192A359C5D0CE414281177D8E5357DA3\features"

Antivirus is off, UAC disabled, can't seem to run as administrator as it's greyed out but my account is the administrator account. I have tried the repair function, I've also tried the "delete generated files" fix mentioned in another post.

P3D runs ok but the 'loading auto generated scenery' takes forever (it never used to) and the sim stutters loads (it never used to).

Any help appreciated! would like to get this fixed before I install all the rest of the addons on top!

I suppose of potential note is that when opening P3D for the first time since update, it said there was a scenery file it couldn't find, "\scenery\1\scenery" or something, would I like to unload it? When I looked in the scenery library, there were 3 entries there at the bottom that I didn't recognise from v4.0. So I unticked them all which seem to make no difference. That message still appears everytime I load the sim.
liamkirkham

Re: Could not write value complete to key

Post by liamkirkham »

Oh and I checked the checksum. All fine
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello liamkirkham

Just to confirm, Did you Uninstall the old components first before you Installed the new components, Client, Content and Scenery ?

liamkirkham wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:29 pm it said there was a scenery file it couldn't find, "\scenery\1\scenery" or something

Regarding this message, Can you run a Repair on the Prepar3D Scenery componont

Navigate to the windows Control Panel, Right click on Install_Scenery.msi and click Repair

If you are still seeing this message when launching Prepar3D can you take a Screenshoot of this and post it into your next reply

Let us know how you get on
aleixx

Post by aleixx »

Hello

I have the same problem,

I have made the repair as you indicate, and always the same message.

I have done the installation twice, previously deleting all the components.

Before installing from scratch I made an update and it gave me the same message when I installed Install_Scenery.msi.

In view of this, erase everything and make a new intalacion, but the message keeps coming out

"Could not write value complete to key \products\192A359C5D0CE414281177D8E5357DA3\features. Verify that you have suficient access to taht key, or contact your support perssonel"
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello aleixx

Welcome to the Prepar3D Forums

The message you are seeing "Could not write value" will not effect Prepar3D, The Installation will complete Ok and you should be good to go

Have you launched and Activated Prepar3D yet ?
liamkirkham

Post by liamkirkham »

Hi Poppet,

thanks for the reply.

Yes I uninstalled beforehand.

I tried running the repair but the message pops up during the repair as well. The message doesn't appear when running P3D however as previously mentioned, the 'loading auto generated scenery' takes forever (it never used to) and the sim stutters loads (it never used to).

I presume this is likely to be the reason?

Would attempting to upgrade to v4.2 solve this do you think or compound the issue upgrading onto an incomplete V4.1 upgrade?

Regards
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello liamkirkham

Regarding the Scenery error.....

Is this message something similar to the one you seen ? https://i.imgur.com/cTaUHWo.png

If so this message is telling you that there is an entry in your scenery.cfg file from an Add On scenery that is now either uninstalled or has been moved to a different location and Prepar3D can not find this Add On to launch it

Take an Image of this message and post it into your next reply and we will work through it, Please see the link below

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=122277

-----------------------------------------

Regarding the stutters and long loading....

Maybe you have a 3rd party Add On that is not yet compatible with Prepar3D v4.1

What Add On's do you have Installed ?

Keep us posted on your situation