[RESOLVED] P3D won't load...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
amccourt

[RESOLVED] P3D won't load...

Post by amccourt »

I bought P3D V4 on the 25th of this month and it was working fine, but for some reason today it stopped working. It would show the P3D loading screen at startup, but then it would simply disappear and the application would not be open.

I couldn't find a fix despite deleting all my addons, so I deleted the game and re-downloaded and re-installed it.
It will now start up but the 'Choose Vehicle' screen won't show pictures of the aircraft and the map also won't show my selected airport. My troubles don't end there.
When I tried to load in, it would instantly say 'Loading Complete' then I would get the Windows 'An error has occured in the application' screen and P3D would close.

I'm on Windows 10 and I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I've only had Prepar3D for 4 days.

Regards,
Adam
Poppet

Re: P3D won't load...

Post by Poppet »

Hello Adam

Can you try this step

This process will disable your current Add On's and all previously saved settings by removing the generated content from the 3 Prepar3D v4 folders in ProgramData, Local and Roaming

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder, Scroll down a bit, Double left Click on the file Delete Generated Files,

A small black window will appear and then disappear again, this is normal

Please see this link for a video on this process https://youtu.be/YsOibqIV0OQ?t=14s

Then launch Prepar3D and test as administrator Like This

You may need to adjust your Graphic \ Scenery settings again to your preference via Prepar3D > Options after this process

Try this step first and let us know how you get on
amccourt

Post by amccourt »

Hello again,

I'd like to confirm that your above steps have resolved the problem.
I cannot express how thankful I am for your help, and I hope this is the last time I have to contact you with an issue!

All the best,

Adam
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Adam

That's good news. Thank you for your feedback