Download V4.1 Unzip Fail

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
idsteph

Download V4.1 Unzip Fail

Post by idsteph »

V4.1 Zip File 4.1.7.22841 (12.2gb). I select this file to download using Windows 10 Edge Browser - file indicates download complete but after 3 attempts the unzip fails with 'Compressed Folder Invalid". I noticed tha the the download size on each occasion was well short of 12.2gb ataround 7.4, 7.4 and 8.4.

I repeated download on another PC again with Windows 10 and Edge Browser and encountered identical issue. Note each download is taking around 12 hours.

In desperation I tried downloading the file on a MacBook Air using Safari - download just stopped about 4 hours in.

II repeated the process on original Windows 10 PC (Alienware A6) using Internet Explorer and this download has still not completed after 18 hours.

Question - 1 any ideas relating to the file size shortfall which presumably is why it wont unzip (two sep macines both high spec Alienwares running W10)

Question - 2 any alternative method of getting the new file i.e DVD etc

All help welcomed. Thanks

Ian
Poppet

Re: Download V4.1 Unzip Fail

Post by Poppet »

Hello Ian

Prepar3D is only available as a digital download from our website. We chose this method of delivery because it allows you to receive the software quickly and it gives us the ability to provide frequent updates.

Have you tried using a different Download Manager ?

Can you go through the Topic below, Maybe this will help your situation

viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

Let us know how you get on