[RESOLVED] Prepar3d not showing but running in task manager

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Markito

[RESOLVED] Prepar3d not showing but running in task manager

Post by Markito »

Dear Support Team,

After having some issues with my CH Products flight yoke (swinging to the left, trouble in calibrating), I downloaded the CH control manager (version 4.55a) and installed it. I then started P3D and under the list for hardware my CH Yoke did not appear on that same list. Instead of that only #CONTROL MANAGER 00 appeared but my yoke responded to moving axis (throttle, propeller, mixture, etc.) in P3D.

Then I closed P3D, After a while I restarted it but the initial screen disappeared. I started the task manager and could see that P3D was running in the background (also SODE and Couatl). After ending the task related to P3D, I tried a new start - same thing. In other attempts I received the message to end SODE and restart the sim; I also saved the Prepar3D_Default.fxml, Prepar3D_Default.wx, dll.xml, exe.xml and the Prepar3D.cfg files before removing them from the corresponding folders in the hope that a restart would rebuild these files and the sim would show up, but again the same thing. Besides that, I uninstalled the simconnect files and reinstalled them in the Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface folders. Nothing helped. Meanwhile I had also uninstalled the CH control manager assuming that the anomaly was related to that. The sim continues to run in the background without having actually being launched.

I do not know what else to do. Please do not tell me that I have to uninstall P3D and every single addon, whcih took me an eternity to set up.

I honestly do hope that there is a solution to the problem and a better way to set up additional hardware like yokes, pedals, throttle quadrants, etc.

Thanks in advance for the support and help.

Kind regards,
Marco Furtado
Markito

Re: Prepar3d not showing but running in task manager

Post by Markito »

Please mark as resolved - I think I figured it out and P3D is working again.