Intall error: Could not write Complete to key

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Furia

Intall error: Could not write Complete to key

Post by Furia »

Today I have purchased Prepar3D V4. This is my first purchased prepar3D product.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits

I have installed and unistalled the product about 5 times so far but in any ocasion I get the same error.
No Antivirus
UAC in Administrator Mode. Anyway I executed all steps as Administrator.
Checked the download checksum. Was Ok
Tried downloading the files one by one with a Download manager. Checksum Ok
Tried downloading the rar file. Checksum Ok
Tried unpacking it using 7-zip
Tried doing a "repair" using the "repair function to the "install Content.msi" and the "install Scenery.msi" files. Got the same error when running the repair for "install scenery.msi"

I have tried all options I have seen in the forums but I do still get the same error.

I have tried everything I have found on this forums about such error.

Any idea or suggestion would be most welcomed
blackeaglebarry

Re: Intall error: Could not write Complete to key

Post by blackeaglebarry »

I have exactly the same problem Same everything
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello blackeaglebarry and Furia

If you see this message again, Click Ignore and then follow the steps in the below Topic

Let me know how you's get on

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 54#p162154
Furia

Post by Furia »

Hi. Thanks for the very fast answer!!

In my case I could launch the sim even with the install error if I selected "ignore" the error during the installation.
I have read other posts that mention that they could also run the sim after installing with this error but that they experienced some issues with effects and installing additional addons later on.

I have followed the instructions and deleted the mentioned file. No ovbious changes are observed.

I am not sure if this may be relevant information but even after installing the game and following the steps propossed on the above mentioned link and deleting the file "Deleted Generated Files", if I go to the installer folder and with right click I select "repair" on the file "Install_Scenery.msi" I also got the following error.

So at this stage I can run the sim but I think I have a bad instal and that will bring me problems in the futurel.
I am not sure if this is related, I am new to Prepar3D so this maybe user error but even maxing all graphics sliders, the visuals I am getting are not very good.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Furia wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am So at this stage I can run the sim but I think I have a bad instal and that will bring me problems in the futurel.

Hello Furia

If Prepar3D is launching and flying well, then all is good and you do not have to worry about this.

Furia wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am I am not sure if this is related, I am new to Prepar3D so this maybe user error but even maxing all graphics sliders, the visuals I am getting are not very good.

You will need to adjust your settings\sliders on the basis of your hardware, High settings will require high end hardware

Have a read through the Prepar3D system requirements https://prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Also the Prepar3D Guide below is a great source of Information when setting up Prepar3D with 3rd party software and so on

https://www.avsim.com/files/file/87-avs ... r3d-guide/
blackeaglebarry

Post by blackeaglebarry »

Further to the above error "Could not write Complete to Key". when I do all that you have said and click on the shortcut to load I then get this error message.............. The Program cant start because api-ms-win-crt runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling to fix the problem. I have done this many times but still no luck. Thanks
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

blackeaglebarry wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:22 pm The Program cant start because api-ms-win-crt runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer try reinstalling to fix the problem.

Hello

Is your windows operating system up to date ? Insure you check and Install the latest windows updates.

Also, Insure you have Microsoft visuals 2015 Installed, Download  Microsoft Visuals 2015 x86 & x64 Run the Installer as administrator, Restart your computer

Launch Prepar3D and test, Let us know how you get on