Windows OS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
pilot100ll

Windows OS

Post by pilot100ll »

HI am building a brand new flight simulator and plan on installing both P3D v3 and P3D v4 as well as Microsoft FSX with the acceleration pack. My question is this.... Is there a preferred windows operating system for these particular simulators? By that I mean is there a preference to use Microsoft windows 7 vs 8 vs 10 or it really doesn't matter. I am asking because I want to be sure I load the right stuff the first time and not have to go back and do the installs all over again. Is there a particular Windows OS to definitely NOT install for these simulators?

My plans are to use the following as well. VoxATC, FSXFlight (to use foreflight), Orbx Global, Active Sky, and SPAD to name a few.

thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.
Last edited by pilot100ll on Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poppet

Re: Windoes OS

Post by Poppet »

Hello pilot100ll

Windows 10 is recommended for both Prepar3D v3 and v4.

Please see here for Prepar3D System requirements http://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/
pilot100ll

Re: Windows OS

Post by pilot100ll »

In conforming to the system requirements of P3D, do I need to separately install the following:
DirectX 11
MSMXL 6.0
.Net framework 4.6.2
or are these part of windows 10 64 bit?
or are these installed when Prepar3d v3 & v4 are downloaded and installed?

Secondly, I have previously bought earlier the Prepar3d v3 and unknown to me the v4 was released a few weeks later. Is there a benefit to having both versions on my system or should I just bite my lip and install v4 only? I can't run both at the same time.
Poppet

Re: Windows OS

Post by Poppet »

pilot100ll wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:14 pm In conforming to the system requirements of P3D, do I need to separately install the following:
DirectX 11
MSMXL 6.0
.Net framework 4.6.2

Hello pilot100ll

Insure your Windows 10 operating system is up to date before you Install Prepar3D.

When you run the Setup_Prepar3D.exe this will Install any prerequisites that are required

pilot100ll wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:14 pm Secondly, I have previously bought earlier the Prepar3d v3 and unknown to me the v4 was released a few weeks later. Is there a benefit to having both versions on my system or should I just bite my lip and install v4 only? I can't run both at the same time.

Prepar3D v3 & v4 can coexist on the same machine no problem, So if you have v3 already Installed you can leave it there if you like, Some users will keep the 2 versions on there machine for different Add On's they prefer to run

If you have not Installed either version yet I would recommended you concentrate on just 1 version of Prepar3D (v4) and build this one to your liking