[RESOLVED] Recommended Install Location

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Jazzie

[RESOLVED] Recommended Install Location

Post by Jazzie »

Hi,

I've just purchased Prepar3D v4 but before I install, I would like to know the recommended install location for my particular configuration. My system has the following SSD partitions:

(OS) C:\ 140GB with 38GB free space
(DATA) Z:\ 325GB with 82GB free space

Given the install requires 40GB, would it be recommended to install into a Prepar3D folder on my DATA partition. I am assuming the 38GB free space on the OS partition would then be sufficient for the install with the bulk of the files being put onto the DATA partition?

Thanks
Poppet

Re: Recommended Install Location

Post by Poppet »

Hello Jazzie

Regarding your Options of the C Drive or your Z Drive, You will need to Install Prepar3D on your Z Drive.

----------

Regardless of what location you Install Prepar3D You will still need an additional 12 gig of hard drive space on your C Dive (operating system) for the Prepar3D Repair Installers.

When you run the Installer you will have the Option to Install Prepar3D to a different location, You can achieve this by clicking Options and Create and Name a New Folder and Install Prepar3D to the location of your choice

In your case, for Example: Z\Prepar3D v4

Please see the link below for a Guide to Download and Install Prepar3D v4

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120676

Let us know how you get on
Jazzie

Re: Recommended Install Location

Post by Jazzie »

Thank you Elaine.

Installation to my non-OS partition consumed about 12.4GB on the OS partition and 23.2GB on the non-OS partition.
So, that leaves me with plenty of drive space on both partitions. Seems to be running well.

Appreciate your comments.