[RESOLVED] Uninstall Prepar3D v4, Activation question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jumaru83

[RESOLVED] Uninstall Prepar3D v4, Activation question

Post by jumaru83 »

I have to reinstall p3dv4 to my 2nd ssd. What about license ID and my license activation password? Can i use them to install again or i must deactivate first?
Poppet

Re: Unistall P3dv4

Post by Poppet »

Hello jumaru83

You will need to first Uninstall\Deactivate Prepar3D v4 before you can Install again to your new SSD drive.

When you Uninstall Prepar3D v4 you will deactivate the License enabling you to reuse your License credentials

Below is a short Video showing you how to deactivate the Prepar3D License from your operating system

https://youtu.be/j45NtSlNSqc
Sabrefly

Post by Sabrefly »

Can I deactivate the license without uninstalling P3Dv4? I'd like to see how the program installs certain add-ons on my other PC, then return the License back to the main P3Dv4 machine with a proper installation procedure for this add-on?

Thanks.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Sabrefly wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:21 pm Can I deactivate the license without uninstalling P3Dv4? I'd like to see how the program installs certain add-ons on my other PC, then return the License back to the main P3Dv4 machine with a proper installation procedure for this add-on?

Thanks.
Hello,

No, you cannot. You will have to at least uninstall the Client, which will prompt you to deactivate. This would be faster than uninstalling the entire program.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Sabrefly

Post by Sabrefly »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:55 pm
Hello,

No, you cannot. You will have to at least uninstall the Client, which will prompt you to deactivate. This would be faster than uninstalling the entire program.

Regards,
Kayla
If the removal of the Client does not entail changes in the file and registry structures then it is a great easy solution to switch P3D between computers.
Thanks,