[RESOLVED] Prepar3D.exe Quarantined by Bitdefender Antivirus Software

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
flynby

[RESOLVED] Prepar3D.exe Quarantined by Bitdefender Antivirus Software

Post by flynby »

Installation successful - activation successful - click icon to start Prepar3D_v3_Academic_3.4.22.19868 - message says " a problem caused the program to stop working correctly." Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Using Windows 10 64bit since it was released. What do I do now?
flynby

Re: New Download

Post by flynby »

I deleted and re-downloaded from Lockheed Martin. Deleted previous download first. Installed new download. Same results.
What I did find interesting is: I installed in D:\ drive. But I found Prepar3Dv3 Add-ons in *both* C:\Program Files *and* D:\Program Files\Prepar3Dv3 Add-ons and D:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D v3 Add-ons. 3 different locations. I removed the folder in C:\ drive but it did not help anything. Followed the download and install pdf but no help.
Am I suppose to stop my firewall protection or something? Use BitDefented anti-virus. I looked in my regedit under Software. Found following: Lockheed Martin > Prepar 3Dv2 > Prepar 3Dv3 > Prepar 3DSDK. Underneath that folder was another Lockheed Martin Folder > Prepar 3D. Is this a issue? I do not have the v2 anymore. Is it safe to delete the Prepar 3Dv2 in the regedit? Any suggestions would be appreciated
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

FLYNBY YOU SURE HAVE A MESS IN YOUR SYSTEM FROM DELETING FILES WITHOUT UNINSRTALLING FIRST, HAVE A LOOK HERE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY...
http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Downlo ... ons_v3.pdf

jORGE
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello flynby

Maybe we might start again.

1) Uninstall Prepar3D v3 completely, Below is a Guide with some Images included, Follow it step by step, Insure you also Delete the outlined folders as well

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120686

----------------

2) Install Prepar3D v3. Below is a Guide with some basic guidelines explaining your Antivirus Exclusions Zone, Administrator, UAC, Preferred Install Location's and so on.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120676

-----------------------------------

Please Note: Under normal circumstances there is No Need to enter your Registry editor

Regarding your Bitdefender Antivirus Software.

1) Before you Install Prepar3D you need to add the Setup_Prepar3D.exe from Inside your download folder to the Exclusions Zone

2) After the Install process has completed you need to add the Prepar3D.exe from inside your core Prepar3D Install folder to the Exclusions Zone

This will Insure in both cases Prepar3D is not Quarantined as a False Positive

To access your Exclusions Zone

Open your Bitdefender Control Panel, Click, View Modules ► Antivirus Software ► Exclusions ► ADD ► Browse and follow the steps above to Exclude Prepar3D in both cases

Let us know how you get on
flynby

Post by flynby »

aeronauta wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:03 am FLYNBY YOU SURE HAVE A MESS IN YOUR SYSTEM FROM DELETING FILES WITHOUT UNINSRTALLING FIRST, HAVE A LOOK HERE AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY...
http://www.prepar3d.com/Prepar3D_Downlo ... ons_v3.pdf

jORGE
Well, I used the wrong choice of words. I *uninstalled* first. Sorry about that.
flynby

Post by flynby »

Poppet wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:15 pm Hello flynby

Maybe we might start again.

1) Uninstall Prepar3D v3 completely, Below is a Guide with some Images included, Follow it step by step, Insure you also Delete the outlined folders as well

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120686

----------------

2) Install Prepar3D v3. Below is a Guide with some basic guidelines explaining your Antivirus Exclusions Zone, Administrator, UAC, Preferred Install Location's and so on.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=120676

-----------------------------------

Please Note: Under normal circumstances there is No Need to enter your Registry editor

Regarding your Bitdefender Antivirus Software.

1) Before you Install Prepar3D you can add the Setup_Prepar3D.exe from Inside your download folder to the Exclusions Zone

2) After the Install process has completed you can then add the Prepar3D.exe from inside your core Prepar3D Install folder to the Exclusions Zone

This will Insure in both cases Prepar3D is not Quarantined as a False Positive

To access your Exclusions Zone

Open your Bitdefender Control Panel, Click, View Modules ► Antivirus Software ► Exclusions ► ADD ► Browse and follow the steps above to Exclude Prepar3D in both cases

Let us know how you get on
Thank you so much for your reply. About the Blue Folders, I found 1 Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons on C drive\Program Files. I found 1 Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons on D drive\Program Files. And I found 1 Prepar3D v3 files \ Prepar3D v3 Add-ons inside the Installed P3D program itself. 3 different locations. Am I not allowed to install P3D in D drive under Program Files?? Is this the problem?? Again, many thanks for your help.
flynby

Post by flynby »

I have uninstalled for 3rd time now. This time I re-installed using default settings. Installation successful. Activation successful. Click desktop P3D icon - same error message: Lockheed Martin stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working. Close Program. One friend I know said you are required to install the SDK first. Did not see
anything in install - uninstall pdf. Any comment or ideas??
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello

No, no need to Install the SDK Kit as its not required to run Prepar3D v3

Can you tell me more about your set up, What are your System Specs ?

-----------------

Let me go through a check list with you, Check and confirm each one of these

1) Have you added the Prepar3D.exe to your Exclusions Zone in Bitdefender ?

2) Disable your User Account Control

3) Can you see These 3 Entries in your Control Panel ?

4) Can you see these 17 Default Yellow Folders in your Core Prepar3D folder ?

5) Are you sure your computer is using your Intended Graphics card as apposed to an Intel integrated one ?

6) Do you have the required MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 4.6.2 to run Prepar3D v3.4 ? Download and Install it, Launch Prepar3D and test

7) Navigate to your core Prepar3D folder, Right Click on Prepar3D.exe and run as administrator ?

8) Plug out all USB Devices Including extra Monitors (Except Keyboard and Mouse) Launch Prepar3D v3 and test ?

9) Locate and Delete the 3 Generate Prepar3D v3 folders below, These folders will Generate again when you launch Prepar3D

Delete the 3 Prepar3D v3 folders, Launch and test

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Note: To find these folders, Tick the box for Show hidden files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options

Check each one of them and come back to me
flynby

Post by flynby »

Ms. Poppet:
I already had the Framework 4.6.2 installed. I just made the change in the UAC. Was at level 3, now at 0, or off.
Let you know what happens when try to re-install again. Thanks
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello,

Maybe go though the rest of the steps before you Reinstall again as it may resolve your Issue
flynby

Post by flynby »

Well, Still have same problem. Just bought 4/17/2017. How long do I have to get refund? Wish your tech support would use Teamviewer and take care of this problem.
flynby

[RESOLVED] Re: New Download

Post by flynby »

Just a quick note thanking everyone for their support. My antivirus was the cause of this issue. Found it this morning.
P3D_v3 working properly now.