Questions about licensing situations

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
xmitr

Questions about licensing situations

Post by xmitr »

Hello,
I want to make sure I understand the licensing restrictions and know which version of Prepar3D is applicable in the following situations:
1. I want to use P3D for flight training and to enhance my piloting skills with the eventual intention of enrolling in a flight training school.
2. I want to develop a flight simulator system and include P3D as the core software for future sales of the simulator system.

Regards
Don Whyte
Windows 10 Home
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
32 G DDR4-3200 Memory
Corsair M600 1TB M2 drive
RTX3070 video card
Kayla Dillon

Re: Questions about licensing situations

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You can view our License Comparison page for detailed information on licenses: http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overvie ... omparison/

We cannot provide advice on usage and recommend you read the EULA. Each license has an associated EULA, which can be found here: http://www.prepar3d.com/support/end-use ... ment-eula/

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
xmitr

Post by xmitr »

So it appears that I would use the Professional license version to do my own personal training unless I am enrolled in a flight school when I could use the Academic version.
I would use the Developer version to develop and include in a salable simulator device. For each device sold my company would have to continue to pay the monthly fee of $19.95 to LM.

I'll contact Licensing to verify.
Windows 10 Home
Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus Wifi motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
32 G DDR4-3200 Memory
Corsair M600 1TB M2 drive
RTX3070 video card
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Licensing will not be able to give you any advice on the topic, either. You will have to make the determination based on the EULA.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer