[RESOLVED] Prepar3d installation problem (can't start the program after installation)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
FlightSimPilot777

[RESOLVED] Prepar3d installation problem (can't start the program after installation)

Post by FlightSimPilot777 »

Hello,

I wanted to reset Prepar3d so i uninstalled it, downloaded the newest version and then installed it. I had no problems with the installation itself but now there is no P3D executable on my desktop and I also can't find it anywhere else. I already tryed turning off my anti virus program for the installation and I also redownloaded p3d multiple times. Is there anything else I could try?
Kayla Dillon

Re: Prepar3d installation problem (can't start the program after installation)

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you checked your Control Panel (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features) for any Prepar3D items?

If you did not modify your install path, Prepar3D would be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

If you cannot find Prepar3D in either of the aforementioned locations, it is likely Prepar3D is not installed on your computer. Check the md5sums on your download against those listed on our Downloads page to ensure that your download was successful.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello FlightSimPilot777

Can you see any Reference to Prepar3D in your Control Panel "Programs and features" ? How many Entries for Prepar3D ?

====================

Its a rare enough, but sometimes running the Setup.exe will only Install the Installer but not the Data, Client, Content and Scenery.

Try this

Run the Component Installers Individually, In this order (Important)

(1) Right Click on Install_Client.msi Click Install

(2) Right Click on Install_Content.msi Click Install

(3) Right Click on Install_Scenery.msi Click Install

EDIT ooops Kayla got there before me :)
FlightSimPilot777

Thanks for the fast replies!

I still haven't solved the problem...
I tried to reinstall p3d multiple times and I downloaded it again to make sure all the files are ok but it didn't help. After installing the program I cant find the files of P3D anywhere. I will try to install an older version of P3D and see if that works...
FlightSimPilot777

Seems like I found the problem...
There is something wrong with the P3D registry entry on my pc. Could someone please say me how the P3D entry should look like so I can edit it?
FlightSimPilot777

Problem is solved :)