[RESOLVED] Failed to copy resources

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
SloAIR

[RESOLVED] Failed to copy resources

Post by SloAIR »

Hi all,

I am very excited to be finally transfering from FSX to P3D. I have received my new computer today and of course one of my first orders of business was to buy a P3D licence and install it. But here I ran into two problems. The first one was that I was geting a locale not supported error, but I was able to change that into en-us so the message does not show up.

The second issiue I am having is one I have not been able to figure out yet. At the middle of the instalation I get a 'Failed to copy resources' message. I can click ok and the installation finishes, P3D icon appears and I am able to click on it and get the splash screen, but once the splash screen dissapears, nothing happens. When I check in the task manager, I can see the P3D app running, but I can not see anything or access it.

I have followed all instructions (diasble UAC, turned off anti-virus, extracted the installer, run as admin) and did a search about the error but was not able to find a topic with enough information about this, even though some other users had the same issiue. I have all of these files: Licences, propdefs, Scaleform, ShadersHLSL, trinton, redist, SimObjects, Weather, Scenarios, Ecosystem, Fonts, Autogen, Effects, gauges, Sound, Texture, Scenery in my P3D folder, but there are no LM folders under appdata/roaming and appdata/Local (I tried installing on different hard drives but to no avail).

Let me know please if I can provide any more info or what else should I check to try and get the installer to work correctly?
Poppet

Re: Failed to copy resources

Post by Poppet »

Hello

Just to confirm.......

I understand you have Disabled your Anti Virus Software but can you check your Exclusions Zone to Insure the Prepar3D.exe has not been Quarantined ?

============

Have you ticked the box for Show hidden files, folders and drives to see these folder paths ?

If you haven't, Tick the box now, Locate and Delete these 3 Blue folders

Local Disk (C:) ►ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3

Go to your Core Prepar3D v3 folder, Right click on Prepar3D.exe and run as administrator

============

Is your Graphics card and Windows Operating system up to date ? Have you checked ?

=============

If you have checked all of the above, Please do the following

Navigate to your Prepar3D v3 download folder

Right Click on Install_Client.msi Click Repair
SloAIR

Post by SloAIR »

Hi, thank you for your quick reply and additional suggestions.

Before I have only disabled the antivirus - I have now added all P3D files into the exclusion zone, but after trying again I got the same error message (could not copy resources).

I have deleted the first file under program data, but I do not have the other two files under the appdata folders - I have show hidden files ticked, so they are not hidden.

I have checked that both the graphics card and the OS are up to date and they are.

Then I tried the right click the Install_Client.msi and clicked repair. The process started, but then I got another error message saying 'Prepar3D cannot run because it could not write Prepar3D.cfg'

There is one other thing I remembered that might be causing my problems - when I first installed, I forgot to change the installation path from the default C:\Program Files (X86).. one. I only remembered this after the installation has started and once it was done, I unistalled it according to the intro document (deliting via the control panel and deleting the other folders manually). Then I installed again on a different drive and have been having the resources problem since. I just don't remember if I got this message during the first installation as well.

Is there anything else I could try? I did a system restore to the point before I first installed P3D into the Programe Files folder, but it did not help much.
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

SloAIR wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:22 pm
Then I tried the right click the Install_Client.msi and clicked repair. The process started, but then I got another error message saying 'Prepar3D cannot run because it could not write Prepar3D.cfg'

Sounds like a system permissions Issue

Try this.....

Go to: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► SloAIR,,,,,, Right Click on AppData > Properties > Security

Do you have full Control ? Are all the Box's Ticked for Allow for all Users ?
SloAIR

Post by SloAIR »

Yes, I have checked and all users have allow at all the boxes, except for special pemissions, those are greyed out for all the users.

Is there something wrong with my configuration (I have three users listed, Blaž, Administrators and System) or maybe the 'ž' in the computer name? I had to change locale from si-sl to en-us in order for the locale message not to appear.
SloAIR

Post by SloAIR »

Hi Elaine,

I think I had figured it out :) I had two profiles on my computer, one from myself and one as an administratior. The computer logged me into my profile automatically and it looks like that profile did not have all the neccesary premisions to properly install P3D. I have now been able to add the admin account and switch to it and was able to succesfully launch P3D. I now did a fresh install and everything looks good.

Many thanks for your help and suggestions and I hope I will not need to post here again soon.

Best regards,
Blaž