[RESOLVED] reinstall

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Silcotte

[RESOLVED] reinstall

Post by Silcotte »

Good day

I installed EZDOK on my computer and I didn't like how it operate so I deleted it and now it affected the eyepoint of the P3D nothing works. So decided to reinstall the sim now I cant get to activate it. Whats coming up is Error. Web service call failed. please check Internet connectivity. (9101). As you can I am online typing this post so its obvious i have internet so i really dont know whats the situation here so can someone who knows assist please?

Thank you
Poppet

Re: reinstall

Post by Poppet »

Hello Silcotte

Next time you encounter this Issues with EZdok Installed, Delete your cameras.cfg, When you Launch Prepar3D it will Build a New Default one removing any previous Entries.

If you still want to Use EZdok, After you take the above action, Open the EZdok Configuator and run through the prompted steps

Location: Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 cameras.cfg

Silcotte wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:53 pm Whats coming up is Error. Web service call failed. please check Internet connectivity. (9101). As you can I am online typing this post so its obvious i have internet so i

Try this from a previous poster

Here's a few possible solutions:

Double check that there is no other software running that may be interfering with the connection to the activation servers. Like you mentioned, firewalls and antiviruses are the usual culprits.

You can try viewing the html file generated by the "Activate via Another Computer" method on the same computer. You can download the response file and use it from that computer.

The last resort is to activate manually. Click the "contact licensing" link in the activation menu. Then send an email to licensing@prepar3d.com with the two user codes and your license ID. If you end up doing that, do not uninstall Prepar3D or clean your registry, as it will invalidate that activation

To do the "Activation via Another Computer", you don't need to install Prepar3D on the other computer. Starting the request makes an html file that can be opened in any web browser.
Silcotte

Re: reinstall

Post by Silcotte »

Thank you Poppet