P3D 3.4.18 uninstall- "The specified account already exists"

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jakecminihan

P3D 3.4.18 uninstall- "The specified account already exists"

Post by jakecminihan »

Hi all,

I'm trying to uninstall 3.4.18 due to not being able to get past the splash screen- the splash would disappear and P3D would be running in processes happily eating my memory but not showing the menu.

I've tried to uninstall using the installer but it just comes up with the "The specified account already exists" error when reaching "P3D v3 Content". What's weird is that the first time I ran this, it took ages to move anywhere which was odd. It deleted *everything* in my Program Files x86 folder as shown:

and broke. Repairing the re-uninstalling using the installer has done nothing, I still get this error. I'm not confident going and messing around in the registry without help. Any ideas? Really wanna get going on the FSLabs!

Thanks!
Jake
Kayla Dillon

Re: P3D 3.4.18 uninstall- "The specified account already exists"

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Have you tried uninstalling Prepar3D through the Windows Control Panel?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
jakecminihan

Post by jakecminihan »

Hi Kayla, yes I have and I had the same problem.

I have (hopfully) solved it by combing the registry and all my APPDATA files for anything related to P3D- the uninstall worked fine and I'm about to start the full reinstall.
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

"The specified account already exists" is a nasty error message blocking ALL installer applications at the option do de-install.
It is NO P3D specific error message (as I also thought first, but I encountered this message when trying to uninstall Norton Utilities v16...)
Cleaning up the registry with a tool like the mentioned NU16 will remove this pest.
According to web recherches it derives from some ominious optional windows update....
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit