[Resolved] Oculus Rift CV-1 Installation Question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Bobby-T

[Resolved] Oculus Rift CV-1 Installation Question

Post by Bobby-T »

I own an Oculus Rift CV-1 headset in working order. I do not own Prepar3d at this time. Oculus Rift applications must be installed in the same folder as the Oculus Rift install runtime (this is not an option) which in my case is not the boot drive but rather the D: drive (Oculus made an early-on change to allow this). This was done because the C: boot drive is an ultra high speed SSD located in the motherboard''s M.2 slot. It is of limited capacity (512gb). My question is, does the new version 3.4 have to be installed in the same spot as the Oculus Rift runtime just like all the other Oculus Rift applications. That D: drive is actually a 1TB SSD made up of 2-512's in Raid 0 mode. And, do all support files have to be there too when used with the Rift. Further, would it be a good idea to move everything to a bigger drive before installing Prepar3d.
Mike Jones

Re: Oculus Rift CV-1 Installation Question

Post by Mike Jones »

Hello Bobby-T,

No. You can install Prepar3D wherever you would like, and the Oculus Rift will work.

Mike Jones
Michael Jones
Associate Software Engineer
Bobby-T

Re: Oculus Rift CV-1 Installation Question

Post by Bobby-T »

Thanks. Glad I asked. This is really good to know.