Rundas!plock Trojan in Installer?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Ironkidz

Rundas!plock Trojan in Installer?

Post by Ironkidz »

Hello,
I dont use antivirus software, but windows has been giving me a windows defender problem when trying to install the latest P3D 3.3.5 installer. It stops the installation and prompts that Rundas!plock Trojan is found in the installer. Any idea why this is?
Jordan King
Saul

Re: Rundas!plock Trojan in Installer?

Post by Saul »

Its a false positive. Its recommended for the install that all users deactivate antivirus and system protection. I've had it with Avast Anti-Virus its annoying those companies can't discern from harmless and harmful software but its usually the case with new releases.
mavalois

Post by mavalois »

Got the same problem here. Windows Defender blocked the installation.

Fixed by deactivating Windows defender.
Flyer1

Post by Flyer1 »

Hello

I am sadly getting the same problem .... Windows Defender informs me that the setup exe is malware and decides to uninstall it .....

I then decided to download just the setup exe individual component and then de-activate Defender in order to install Prepar3D which all went fine

About half an hour later Defender once again notified me that it was removing the 'so called' malware but as I had installed Prpear3D successfully I didn't worry about it .....

The one thing I have noticed is that there are now only three entries listed under 'Uninstall a program' in the 'Control Panel

The only three entries listed are:-

Install Client
Install Scenery
Install Content

The thing is .. Prepar3D is working fine so should I be unduly worried?

Cheers

Paul
oldgreydog

Post by oldgreydog »

I've had that problem too.

I installed P3D last week. With lots of faffing about to try and get things working the way I wanted I seemed to have got to a point where it was easier to rerun the setup. This I did and got the Windows Defender message about two Trojan viruses. I stopped the process, thinking that somehow my system had infected the setup software.

I deleted the unzipped files and re-extracted from the download. The setup file didn't make it through the process. I disabled Defender and it worked fine.
Flyer1

Post by Flyer1 »

and if you look in the Control Panel/uninstall a program ... do you have just the three entires for Prepar3D?