P3Dv2

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
zajakala1

Post by zajakala1 »

No redout, no blackout. Why? I like it!
Saul

Post by Saul »

I assume because those effects would make commercial certification difficult if not impossible.

Most aircraft that is used for commercial simulation would overstress long before a pilot will blackout from G-Effects.

Military applications would also want clear undisturbed graphics for playback and performance based assessment.

I like it too. Those old effects was more for game players.

Regards,

Saul.
zajakala1

Post by zajakala1 »

extra 300s is +10g certificate in real!
Saul

Post by Saul »

Quiet correct, acrobatic aircraft do have high G ratings. We're just speculating here as to why the G-Effect have been removed.

I maybe way off the mark or right on who knows. I just seem to think that a Professional simulator would not want to blackout.

Imagine if an Instructor is guiding or teaching and the screen blacks out .. how can the know what the student is doing?

It might even be that the effect is still there but incompatible with the DX11 Rendering engine and will probably get fixed sometime or other.

minime

Post by minime »

I am planning to implement red-out and blackout in our simulators.

It is very very easy to implement, something in the order of one day of programming (start to mature).
soulmaril

Post by soulmaril »

"Situational Awareness" is definetly most important topic of making a simulator. It is what a simulators is all about. As on desktop we don't have physical senses. Our body won't feel any momentum etc. So in a simulator especially this kind of simulator which's motto is training (military as well) has to address everyhing about "situation awareness". What we only have is a screen and speakers so we need all kind of visual and audio clues to get the sense. There is no logic in training as one will think he/she is walking in the park while he pulls 9 G's. By the way if student pilot blackouts then the instructor will blackout too which is very realistic :).

We will never be be able to smell, feel the wind and temperature front of a computer screen so at leas we need to get these artificial senses. It is a must. Otherwise there is no sense to use a simulator which does not simulate.

We need all sort of

blackout, redout effects.

Vibration and drag effects

Sun glare blind out view

Momentum effects (dynamic head motion like it is in EZCA ezdoc cam.

list can go more...

flightXtreme

Post by flightXtreme »

Red out is not displaying a red screen. Also a black out will reduce the view angle and the sound before the screen gets black.

I had always my problems with the black and red out. It is simply comming much too early. Aerobatic pilots gain resistance with training. So early in the season they tend to reach the black out earlier then later in the season. So if you build anything back into the sim please take care of make it configurable.