Do we have a DME in the Bonanza A36 cockpit?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
danielg

Do we have a DME in the Bonanza A36 cockpit?

Post by danielg »

Hello
I'm taking a detailed look to the cockpit and I don't find any equipment for the DME?
The GNS430 have a NEAREST PAGE in which I can see the distance to the nearest VOR, nearest NDB, etc., but a equipment just to show me the distance from the tuned VOR/DME, I don't find...
How do I find the distance to a tuned in VOR/DME, just with the nearest page?

And other observation I did is the controller always tell me to calibrate my altimeter to 29.52 ?? And this is always 29.52... I never got other numbers... don't know why? I think sometimes I should get other numbers according the weather conditions... ???

Cheers
ronh991

Re: Do we have a DME in the Bonanza A36 cockpit?

Post by ronh991 »

You would have to activate the VOR you want from the nearest listing.

Use the cursor knob to the bottom right. It also has two (four) other mouse section to move the cursor or page. Press the ENT button to activate the VOR then select the cursor knob again and move the cursor to the freq - press ENT again the make the VOR freq active.

You will then see the DIst TO/From the VOR. You could also program it to the Auto pilot. - Use NAV and VLOC (not GPS). You need to read up on the 430 to get all the functions and mouse/click mouse are selection. Way too much to explain here.

Your Baro issue. Press the B key that should sync the alt Kohlsman knob to the current alt setting.
Ron
danielg

Post by danielg »

Hi Ron, no, I think you don't understood me well...
My baro is always calibrated, I mean that the ATC is always telling me the same number, 29.52...
Is not that it is repeating me the same number because I don't have it well calibrated, what I mean is along my flight plan, in a routinary way, the ATC repeat the altimeter calibration parameters, and always says 29.52...
I find this weird... because according the weather this number should change... 29.32... 29.42... and what about the TA? Never have I a transition altitude with 29.92 ? So it's not that I don't have correctly calibrated the altimeter, my observation is that I find weird the ATC always tell me, along my flight, the same number 29.52...

I don't know in Canada or the US, but in Spain we start with the TA sometimes at 6000 ft...

For the DME equipment...
I know how to flight with VORs and I know I must select VLOC... I know I have to tune in the VOR frequency in NAV1 I know how to use the OBS to select the radial, I know what is the TO/FROM mode, I know how to read the HSI (Horizontal Situation Indicator) I know all that...

My question is that in the Cessna I used to have a little digital display, with red numbers... telling me the DME distance to the VOR...
In the cessna I had a Bendix/King KN62 A equipment
See it here, please:
http://www.bendixking.com/Products/Navi ... ent/KN-62A

And I am trying to find this equipment in the Bonanza A36, and I don't find it...
So the only way I can see the VOR distance in Nautical Miles NM is thru the Garmin GNS430... exactly consulting the NEAREST VOR page, right?

That was my question exactly. Don't worry about VOR navigation, I know how to navigate using radials.
Cheers
ronh991

Post by ronh991 »

I don't have your problem with the baro and ATC. I use ASN and my flights are 5500 - 10500 feet and as I go x-country the pressure changes as I go and ATC tells me the Alt setting - I press B and they sync. Do not know why you have this problem.

There is no DME instrument in the bonanza. So you could use the 430, but only one. So yes the nearest and cursor button is the only way to see the distance to the VOR. can't help other than that.
Ron