Align Aircraft seat with real seat

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Neo44

Align Aircraft seat with real seat

Post by Neo44 »

During takeoff the pilot seat is not aligned with my real seat. The seat in the aircraft "leans backward" during takeoff but my real seat does not. Is it possible to compensate for this effect in the software? Especially in VR this is very noticable.
Kayla Dillon

Re: Align Aircraft seat with real seat

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You can adjust the eyepoint when using the Virtual Cockpit camera using the key commands mentioned in the Learning Center:
https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d ... kingAround

Also, you can disable momentum effects in the Options (General) -> Realism -> Special Effects -> Visualize Momentum Effects.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
=Jack=

Post by =Jack= »

I think you may be having problems with the default dynamic head movement. Create a backup or copy of your P3D.cfg and place it into another folder somewhere. Open the original and search for the dynamic head movement catagory. Below it will be some numerical values. Change all those values to 0.0. Save, exit, and run your simulator. If this fixes the issue you're having with the seat leaning back on takeoff, then you can try tweaking those numerical values to your liking. They're self explanatory. I suggest you invest in a payware camera program such as EZDOK or Chaseplane.
Neo44

Post by Neo44 »

Dear Kayla
I already knew about adjusting the eyepoint, I use that but it is not the same as staying automatically aligned with the seat.
Turning off Momentum effects does nothing for me.

Dear Jack
I set the default dynamic head movement to zero, however it does not change anything.

I am not totally sure if we understand eachother well. If the aircraft seat leans back during pitch up or forward during pitch down I want the eyepoint also to lean back or forward. And please note that I am currently flying PMDG in VR with Oculus Rift. About the payware camera, will that adjust the view point automatically or is it "just" a more advanced way to adjust the view point manually?
BLB

Post by BLB »

hello, I tried to set the point of view with "view" / "Manage camera" but the adjustments made are not taken into account.
Core I7 3770, GTX 970 : http://fran-avia-virt.clicforum.fr