Default ATC traffic management

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Deltaaair123@1

Default ATC traffic management

Post by Deltaaair123@1 »

Has anyone ever wondered why the default ATC traffic management system has not been updated since FS2004? How are we in the year 2018, with a 64 bit simulator and we are relying on technology from 14 years ago? Just to put it in perspective, we didn’t have smart phones 14 years ago. We still utilize this primative technology that shuffled traffic around like a 3 year old making swirls on a plate of spaghetti with meat sauce. When will Lockheed step up to the plate and fix a vital tool needed for flight simulation? The default ATC still needs a huge update and I just wonder if any member of this company has even questioned this. It’s like putting stop signs in the middle of a busy New York intersection. It just doesn’t work! I would like to see a program that uses up to date SIDS/STARS, and utilizes speed restrictions, altitude restrictions, etc. I know I can’t be the only one who wishes this was done.
mikced

Re: Default ATC traffic management

Post by mikced »

For what its worth, I really second your request! Its not that I dont value improvements to the performance and such that they have spent enless effort on, but we have seen very litte updates to other things like ATC and AI logic. AI still cant use sloped runways for example.
kiwi56

Re: Default ATC traffic management

Post by kiwi56 »

I prefer to use Vatsim but the problem I have is that even when turned off the default ATC comes through on 122.800 and 122.000 and this can be very annoying when you are trying to use vatsim. I have had it come through on other frequencies as well and drown out Vatsim which is not good. If we want to turn it off then we should be able to and know that it is not going to work even when it is turned off.
Geoff Thomson
NBL5370G Oceania/Asia
Fleet Command ATP
Chairman
Fleet Manager
Noble Air Virtual Airline