Any ATC revolution coming to P3D?

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
ArtAir

Any ATC revolution coming to P3D?

Post by ArtAir »

Good day P3D developers and sim fans!

Is ATC revolution coming to P3D?
Would be very good if developers pay attention  to improve sim ATC. Actual sim controller is very limited and it is inheritor of FS9/FSX.
New sim controller should hear user via microphone, should answer differently, should communicate with traffic on ground and in the air. Also, ATC should control user aircraft and traffic on airways, SIDs, STARs, should have many options for vertical and lateral requestes.
Maybe better for P3D developers to provide possibility to improve ATC to 3rd party developers...In the same way as rain effect.

Anyway, current ATC is very old. For modern simulation need new powerful ATC engine with customization, update function, with complex intelligence, fully interaction with traffic.

What do you think?
Holclo

Re: Any ATC revolution coming to P3D?

Post by Holclo »

Totally agree.
sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 »

I think this is a very good idea. However, I think LM should prioritize getting the basics of simulation right before adding and improving existing features. We still have several bugs and fundamentals that is not being simulated correctly.

1. Ground friction bug
2. Turboprop simulation is totally wrong
3. MP/RPM bug (opposite of real life)
4. Jet engine startup/turboprop engine startup (completely wrong)
5. Leaning of piston engines is simulated completely wrong
6. Helicopter simulation of way off and needs major improvements
7. Sea plane dynamics/water dynamics also way off and needs major improvements
8. Ground handling needs huge improvements
9. The way the wind affects the airplane also needs improvements

Just to mention a few. I can go into more detail if neccessary.
mikced

Post by mikced »

I agree fully with the ATC requests. AI behaviour in air and on ground for sure also need an update. A dream come true would be ATC voice control! I read a previos P3D update post that an early version of voice control was included but that seem to have been for something other than ATC I assume

As for a comment to the above post regarding that developers should first focus on the core platform. In my opinion that is what they have been doing now for the last several years. Now is the time for new and imoroved content,
nealmac

Post by nealmac »

There are many ATC addons on the market, including ones with voice control. Yes, it means having to fork out a bit more money, but to be fair, asking LM to provide ATC that comes up to the same standard as these addons is a huge ask, and it would come at a price.
Best Regards,

Neal McCullough.
mikced

Post by mikced »

Yes there are and I own them all but honestly no one is really good enough by itself, they all have their serious pros and cons. We need better default ATC!
gets

Post by gets »

What works for me is to restart my computer and then the ATC is visible and it works. That is after I start P3D4.2 and it doesn't work.
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.
ArtAir

Post by ArtAir »

nealmac wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 am There are many ATC addons on the market, including ones with voice control. Yes, it means having to fork out a bit more money, but to be fair, asking LM to provide ATC that comes up to the same standard as these addons is a huge ask, and it would come at a price.
I agree. My opinion that LM should just provide the ability to implement the real new engine of ATC by 3rd party developers! AI traffic must be out of P3D. It should come to P3D from professional addon - ATC engine!
Just imagine, you install your AI models, liveries, timetables, navdata, config files of FIRs, config files of airports, etc to this ATC addon. Also it gets required information (weather, afcads, time, position of user a/c) from P3D. And after processing ATC addon represents AI traffic in sim and manages it according real procedures. Also user should communicate with controller by voice!!!

PS: Nowadays all available ATC programmes provide very limited, simplified AI traffic control, usually in the air only. Also communication with controller very primitively.

I really hope that LM developers will pay attention to this suggestion. P3D is developing graphically but I thing realism of ATC also very important.
jabloomf1230

Post by jabloomf1230 »

ArtAir wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 am
nealmac wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:59 am There are many ATC addons on the market, including ones with voice control. Yes, it means having to fork out a bit more money, but to be fair, asking LM to provide ATC that comes up to the same standard as these addons is a huge ask, and it would come at a price.
I agree. My opinion that LM should just provide the ability to implement the real new engine of ATC by 3rd party developers! AI traffic must be out of P3D. It should come to P3D from professional addon - ATC engine!
Just imagine, you install your AI models, liveries, timetables, navdata, config files of FIRs, config files of airports, etc to this ATC addon. Also it gets required information (weather, afcads, time, position of user a/c) from P3D. And after processing ATC addon represents AI traffic in sim and manages it according real procedures. Also user should communicate with controller by voice!!!

PS: Nowadays all available ATC programmes provide very limited, simplified AI traffic control, usually in the air only. Also communication with controller very primitively.

I really hope that LM developers will pay attention to this suggestion. P3D is developing graphically but I thing realism of ATC also very important.
Already available:
http://voxatc.com/

It controls and communicates with the user and AI aircraft.
ArtAir

Post by ArtAir »

jabloomf1230 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:26 am
ArtAir wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:34 am

Already available:
http://voxatc.com/

It controls and communicates with the user and AI aircraft.
I know voxatc and all other programes. But I think the ATC simulation should move forward. New ATC engine should extend the functionality, reduce the limits, should have updatable navdata and good UI.
regulate

Post by regulate »

For me the #1 and #2 things to work on for P3Dv5 or P3dV6 would be a complete rewrite of the ATC system, with regional/worldwide accents and a significant number of additional voices using much closer to real life protocol and procedures. And at #2, a rewrite of the AI aircraft intelligence to keep the user and other AI aircraft properly separated, at correct altitudes and airways, plus SIDS/STARS patterns (right now AI commercial airliners can be at 2300 ft 50 miles from landing at busy airports since the current code cannot handle real world number of aircraft in sim) with smarter runway choices on final for the AI based upon traffic levels, not some predetermined runway as happens now when 2 runways are in use for landing (runway choice is currently pre-selected based upon where the AI aircraft took off from). The immersion level would rise 10 fold. It's would be a tall order, but well worth it in the end.
kiwi56

Post by kiwi56 »

There is one way to fix the ATC and that is to use realtime like Vatsim or ICAO and I think there is another one in the US but cannot remember what it is called. I hate the default ATC as even when turned off it comes over the top of Vatsim when I am trying to communicate with them. A real pain in the butt
Geoff Thomson
NBL5370G Oceania/Asia
Fleet Command ATP
Chairman
Fleet Manager
Noble Air Virtual Airline