Flaps fix for most aircraft.

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Bishop

Flaps fix for most aircraft.

Post by Bishop »

This has been a pet peeve of mine for years and I'm actually surprised that it has not been addressed or even mentioned very often. In many real aircraft the flaps settings are not a set and forget type setting. You would push the flap switch and hold it until your flap gauge has reached the specific flaps setting you are looking for. Any flap setting from 0-100% is possible, having this as an option would sure make using the flaps in many aircraft we fly much more realistic.

Cheers
Shawn
Bishop

Re: Flaps fix for most aircraft.

Post by Bishop »

Just to clarify, when I said I was surprised it hadn’t been addressed I should have been more specific and said by Microsoft. Flaps have been the same since Fs9 which is as far as I reach back. It’s such an important aspect of flying and can change aircraft performance so dramatically, it would be nice if it was done right for all aircraft.

Regards
Shawn
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

No aircraft I have worked on have flaps like this, could you provide an example aircraft? I'm curious.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
sibbe83

Post by sibbe83 »

WarpD wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:05 pm No aircraft I have worked on have flaps like this, could you provide an example aircraft? I'm curious.
We're talking GA aircrafts here. Especially older ones. I can't recall any spesific aircrafts at the moment, but I HAVE flown aircrafts with this kind of flap operation in real life.
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

Sorry, I don’t visit this forum all that often but a couple of aircraft that come to mind right away would be the TC690 Turbo Commander, the Convair 580 and Electra L188. I would think many if not most aircraft with hydraulic flaps would have this capability but that is just a guess.

Regards
Shawn
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

All aircraft I've worked with for creating a training sim have fixed detents, even those with hydraulic flaps. That is why I asked... honestly haven't seen an aircraft with fully variable flaps... so my curiosity arose.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Bishop

Post by Bishop »

It’s all good, it sure would be nice to have the option in p3d for variable or fixed detent flaps but on the grand scale it’s not really a big deal.

Cheers
Shawn