OLD ATC Data Problem

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
maajr57

OLD ATC Data Problem

Post by maajr57 »

I've been reading the complaints about the old AIRAC data and just wanted to weigh in and offer a suggestion. The forum readers have to realize that LM can't just incorporate their developers work and intellectual property or they wont have any developers and the developer community is important to P3D. My understanding of the problem is that much, if not all, of the AIRAC data is in the scenery files. One of the developers has an installation program to disable the data in scenery files and install a new AIRAC file. Why doesn't LM make it easier for the developers and for the users who want new AIRAC data by just putting a radio button in the ATC settings tab to have P3D get AIRAC navigation data EITHER from the existing legacy scenery files OR a new updateable AIRAC database. The new database would require purchasing data from one of the data supplier/developers so as not to kill their business. I realize this may be an oversimplification but LM might reach out to the developer community to find an agreeable solution. Hope this may help and thanks for listening.