Windows 10 mixed reality

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Airforceret

Windows 10 mixed reality

Post by Airforceret »

any plan to add support to windows 10 mixed reality, if so that will great
Neo44

Re: Windows 10 mixed reality

Post by Neo44 »

Yes please add Mixed Reality Support. Currently it is not working well which I describe below.

I just bought a Samsung HMD Odyssey mixed reality headset. The setup went very smooth.

My pc has 16GB memory, an i5 3.4 GHZ processor overclocked to 4.3 GHZ, GTX 1080 graphics card and windows 10 latest update. I use P3D V4.

I installed Steam, Steam VR and Steam for Mixed Reality.

When I play using standard aircraft in VR i get stutters of the image when turning my head.

When using the famous add-on aircraft the stutters get severe. So apparently these give more load on the CPU/GPU. After a while the image freezes and the only option is to shut down.

I lowered the graphics settings to minimum and also varied with every graphics setting but can't get much improvement. Also tried to optimize the graphic card settings which didn't help either. I turned off my processor overclocking and that didn't help either.

I also tried it with flyinside but that latest Mixed Reality version still has issues and I got errors during start up.

As a comparison: I found a driver which lets my iPhone be recognized as a VR headset. When I play Prepar3d in VR I do not get any stutters on my iPhone display when looking around. In this case the connection with the PC is wireless or by usb, and the GTX 1080 is not even used there.
Neo44

Post by Neo44 »

In stereoscopic view there is a lag between the two sides. This causes double vision stutters. Sometimes even one side freezes and the other side still works. This happens especially when using add ons like PMDG aircraft.
DJSean

Post by DJSean »

Neo44 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:10 pm In stereoscopic view there is a lag between the two sides. This causes double vision stutters. Sometimes even one side freezes and the other side still works. This happens especially when using add ons like PMDG aircraft.
Confirmed.
Sean | Virgin Aust | i7 7700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus ROG Maximus IX | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080 | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | Youtube - [url]https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkTxeZd0zzuahrEnCCG2IZQ[/url]
motuslechat

Post by motuslechat »

Hi,

Bump.

Can we know if developpement work on this subject or not ?

Thank you.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Does using Single Pass Stereo improve the stuttering issue?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer