PD3 display profiles via SimConnect or PDK

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Simbol

PD3 display profiles via SimConnect or PDK

Post by Simbol »

Hello,

Many users have different settings depending of their needs, for example they could have display settings using high AA settings during the day and different settings during night with less AA settings or disabling shadows, disabling DL, etc.

It would be nice to have means to change grammatically which display profile to use, this way developers could change the display settings dynamically depending of variable conditions to continue delivering high performance in accordance with the user needs.

For example disabling SSAA during night in preference for MSAA, etc.

Would it be posible to add this in the future as a function either via Sim Connect or PDK?

Many thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Simbol
CEO Flight Sim Technologies Ltd
Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com
WebMaximus

Re: PD3 display profiles via SimConnect or PDK

Post by WebMaximus »

Sounds like a brilliant idea to me!
Richard Åsberg
CrazyEyesKiller

Post by CrazyEyesKiller »

I indeed do that very thing. SSAA for daytime flights, MSAA for nighttime flights. It truly would be a useful function for many of us.

Steven Miller
Steven Miller
achryss

Post by achryss »

I think you will find anyone who has used their flight sim for a while and then tried to extract maximum performance out of their rig will play with settings in different scenarios the obvious ones are day night settings, high vs low altitude flying for two.
Turning things off for nighttime use that are used in daylight flights can provide extra CPU/display resources for DL as an example. A function setting to switch your display profiles would be a winner in my book.
Let's hope it gets some traction.
Uteman
Saldo

Post by Saldo »

It would be great If that was possible in a future update.

Regards, Gerard
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

I really like this idea. To take it a step further it would be nice to be able to set automatic triggers to dynamically change the profile. For example, the sim knows the difference between night and day and could automatically switch the profile. Another trigger point could be scenery density up or down between rural or city.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6