DATABASE airports Prepar3D

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
NEPTUNE

DATABASE airports Prepar3D

Post by NEPTUNE »

Hi guys

As you know dated them airports in the simu are for certain airports to remove or renamed or redone on a new platform in the reality.

What we have is the ones used since 2008 in database only Meigs Field was removed .

so many other change as SEQU to SEQM And changed place on MAP

The problem is with airacs uptodate every month in the FMC you don't find the new name .

I shall want to know if in a near future a solution or a modification would be brought to this database and what it is finally updated?

best Regards

Patrick
cnoblesd01

Re: DATABASE airports Prepar3D

Post by cnoblesd01 »

++1

Many airports have changed (LTBA for example: RWY 36L/R is now 35L/R) so the NAVDATA doesn't come close to matching anymore. Same with Parking/Gates/Stalls.

Base "world" needs a good update.
Dros02

Post by Dros02 »

I belive this program can help you. It will change runway designations, airport identifiers, gps approaches/ departures, VORs/ DMEs, you name it. I requires purchase ($8) and a subscription to Navigraph, but a one time install can bring the sim right up to date. Find it here. https://www.fsaerodata.com/

Cheers,
cnoblesd01

Post by cnoblesd01 »

Actually - no. It doesn't change the scenery. So the navaids are updated and the scenery would be even further out of alignment.

The issue is the scenery itself (the runways,the buildings, the taxi ways, etc.) are 10+ years out of date. Having the ILS/DME for a runway that exists in the real world but doesn't have the graphics to match doesn't help.

As for the NAVAIDS, those that use advanced airframes (like PMDG) use updated NavData for the FMC already - but the scenery (rwys, taxi, parking, etc.) doesn't match often enough not to be really frustrating.

The only solution is the base scenery needs a MAJOR overhaul (by LM or a 3rd party)
Lucius

Post by Lucius »

cnoblesd01 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:47 am The only solution is the base scenery needs a MAJOR overhaul (by LM or a 3rd party)

I see this feature request keep being made for a few years now. Is this ever going to happen?