Access to the scenery library

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
bobmay

Access to the scenery library

Post by bobmay »

Not sure if this topic has been aired before, if so I can't find it.

Would it be possible in some future update to enable access to the scenery library without having to start a flight first ?

This was possible in FSX where there was a scenery library button on the opening screen.

Thanks,

Bob.
jackscrj

Re: Access to the scenery library

Post by jackscrj »

This would be nice.
mleuck

Post by mleuck »

I agree 100%
DMdoc

Post by DMdoc »

I access the P3Dv4 scenery library using freeware SceneryConfigEditor v1.1.7 before loading the P3Dv4 program.

It allows you to choose which scenery files will load, and you can group sceneries into buckets (I have a group for each of the states where I have scenery (except a single group for New England). You can keep a copy of your master file as an alternate name (e.g., "master.cfg") or even versions for one state (e.g,, "NY.cfg"). If you do load a copy of one of these new cfgs and play w activating or deactivating individual files, be sure to save it as "scenery.cfg" b4 loading P3Dv4.
felixfer

Post by felixfer »

I was missing exactly this same option. I agree with this suggestion, and by the way I am thankful to know that I can use SceneryConfig with P3D. But even with this possibility, I think many times it is useful to access directly to Scenery Library, without previously charging a flight (sorry, a "scenario").

Thanks a lot

Felix FdC
Asus Maximus XI Extreme | i9-9900K | Corsair Vengeance 2 x 16 GB DDR4 | Asus GeForce RTX 2070 8Gb GDDR6 | Saitek X52Pro & Thrustmaster 1600M | HP 2310ti 1920x1080 | Windows 10 Pro | FSX-SE & P3Dv4 on HyperX Predator SSD-M.2 960 Gb
Sid Starz

Post by Sid Starz »

SceneryConfigEditor has been updated to v1.1.9 and can be downloaded here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sce ... t/download

Another tool you can use is Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer and it's free too.

You can find it here:

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html
PatB
| Intel i7-9900k | ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme | 64GB RAM DDR4 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080ti | WIN10 Pro x64 | P3D v5.3 |