v4: Speed Trees aka 3D Dynamic Vegetation too bright

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
hawx2k

v4: Speed Trees aka 3D Dynamic Vegetation too bright

Post by hawx2k »

Hello,

first off - great new version.

My Q: I'd like to enable the speed trees, my GPU can handle it. However, I think they look way too bright. is there any chance to bring them down a few notches so they better blend in? They are much brighter than the "normal" trees, so it really looks awkward.

Thanks,

Jan
StephaneS

Re: v4: Speed Trees aka 3D Dynamic Vegetation too bright

Post by StephaneS »

Hello,
As SpeedTree is very GPU/CPU consuming, it can be interesting to have a swith between "dynamic tree" and "normal" only when we are very very close to the TREE (sort of LOD for the tree...).
In fact, we can see the animation only on the ground, when we are flying, it is impossible to detect movement of dynamic trees.
Merci
Stephane
jgoggi

Post by jgoggi »

Hi,
I don't use dynamic trees, but I have the same problem, the trees are too bright, a light green colour that doesn't blend with the underlying ground. I don't know if this comes after I installed ORBX Global & OpenLC or they are the default trees. Is it possible to have them of a darker green?
Thanks.
dpschaum

Post by dpschaum »

I've turned off Dynamic Vegetation to fix the color of the trees like others have. I'm guessing that we will need the Dynamic Vegetation box checked someday as new software/scenery becomes available. We/I will eventually need a solution I'm guessing?
danewatson

Post by danewatson »

I am new to P3D v4 and I have the same problem.

I have unchecked 3D Dynamic Vegetation but the trees are still a light green - LM should really try to do a fix for this.
I have all the usual FTX addons installed - FTX Trees HD, Global Base, NA Open LC, NA Pacific Northwest

Regards,
Dane Watson
Regards,
Dane Watson

Laptop: MSI GP62 6QF-480CA - Operating System: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ. 4 cores, 8 threads. Base clock 2.6 GHz, turbo 3.3 GHz (avg)
GPU: Nvidia GTX960M 2GB
RAM: 16GB
Drive: SSD - Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

danewatson wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 pm I have unchecked 3D Dynamic Vegetation but the trees are still a light green

Hello Dane

When you Un-Tick this Option you need to Restart Prepar3D for this to take effect
danewatson

Post by danewatson »

You are absolutely correct - I discovered that just now (the instructions are very clear).
I just logged in to post my apologies for not seeing that.

Happy New Year to all...

Regards,
Dane
Regards,
Dane Watson

Laptop: MSI GP62 6QF-480CA - Operating System: Windows 10 Home
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ. 4 cores, 8 threads. Base clock 2.6 GHz, turbo 3.3 GHz (avg)
GPU: Nvidia GTX960M 2GB
RAM: 16GB
Drive: SSD - Samsung 850 EVO M.2 500GB