Indicated airspeed differs from other planes

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Daube

Indicated airspeed differs from other planes

Post by Daube »

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with my P3Dv3.3.5 and I would like to have your opinion on it.
Here is the context:
- flying in multiplayer using JoinFS, with other players on P3Dv3.x or FSX.
- flying in tight formation
- flight and network connections are all stable.
- flying conditions are the same: similar weather, no winds, default weather engine (themes)
- same amount of fuel
- using different aircrafts, payware (VRS, Metal2Mesh, Milviz) or freeware (Dino, Restauravia)
- using airplanes and helicopters
- realism settings identical for all players, all set to maximum excepted the crash detection (stress and collision deactivated).

In these conditions, my indicated air speed is always superior to the other players.
For example, yesterday we were flying in formation with Phantoms. My speed was 300 knots while the other player reported 250 knots. Nevertheless, both aircraft were going at the same speed. The main visible difference was the aircraft attitude at medium speeds: mine was flying with a medium/low angle of attack, while the other player was flying with high angle of attack, and even had to use flaps at some point.

A potentially important remark: my motherboard clock is not working correctly anymore: my clock is instable and slowly oscillates between 2 and 10 minutes late compared to real time. And no, this is not caused by weak CMOS battery, I have replaced it twice already, so I guess it's an hardware issue. I'm wondering if this clock issue might impact the numbers in the sim in any way ?

What do you think ?
FSTramp

Re: Indicated airspeed differs from other planes

Post by FSTramp »

Maybe you have changed the setting of your simulator and it shows true air speed?
Daube

Post by Daube »

Unfortunately no.
As written in my first message, all realism settings are at maximum.
Daube

Post by Daube »

Seems like nobody has any idea about this.
I've always been a master in "never seen before" problems, I have to say :D