Shared Cockpit - Spontaneous Time Acceleration

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
limabean767

Re: Shared Cockpit - Spontaneous Time Acceleration

Post by limabean767 »

Have also been experiencing this issue with others in a shared cockpit multiplayer environment. I have experienced this with two others. We are on exactly the same version of P3D as each other.

Today, with no obvious trigger condition just 40 minutes into a flight sim rate double. Nothing changes, the person I was sharing with was just hand flying. I was simply observing. Very irritating. Scenery racing past and clock running at double speed.
Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Post by Adam Breed »

limabean767,

Are you using FSUIPC4 or FSXFlight?

ldtaylor reported that those might possibly be causing the issue.

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
limabean767

Post by limabean767 »

Hi Adam

FSUIPC4, yes. Will disable it and see if this persists.

Thanks, Liam
hammerheadmike

Post by hammerheadmike »

Dear All,

This issue is affecting me too, and have observed erratic timekeeping inside the sim during multiplayer. Sometimes the time/rate is double realtime, it comes and goes but was really persistent tonight during a session with an instructor.

Have tried:

1. Connecting in the Default P3d AC (Beech Baron)
2. No Add-Ons loaded whatsoever, all disabled in exe.xml + dll.xml
3. No external apps talking to the sim... nothing
4. Changing host/client roles

Very happy to a part of any ongoing testing. Would love to get this resolved if at all possible.

p3d v3.3.5.17625

Many thanks indeed,

Michael Freeman
P3d 5.2HF2
Win 10
i9-10900
Nvidia 3090
32Gb RAM
Oculus Rift S - using steamvr

goflight 737 yoke, goflight tq6, saited radio, various button panels, vrinisght mcp, goflight gf-lgt, CDU.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Do both the player owning the aircraft as well as the person sharing the aircraft experience the time acceleration? If not, does the sharing player ever snap back to position with the owning player?
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
hammerheadmike

Post by hammerheadmike »

Dear Clifton,

Many thanks indeed for your kind reply.

I can conform that both users are subjected to the same time skew - and both see an increase in the seconds counter on the clock, at the same time.

There is no "snapping" etc - just a concurrent speeding up of time.

I have created a new cfg file and will be testing again with my instructor tonight - so if you'd like us to try anything else do let me know.

Have a great day,

Michael Freeman
P3d 5.2HF2
Win 10
i9-10900
Nvidia 3090
32Gb RAM

goflight 737 yoke, goflight tq6, saited radio, various button panels, vrinisght mcp, goflight gf-lgt, CDU.
hammerheadmike

Post by hammerheadmike »

Hello again,

Just to add that we successfully did a nav-ex tonight, after the PF (me) handled the hosting - and we didn't change controls.

Hopefully that's the workaround for us, although perhaps there's enough info no to replicate and resolve for future releases.

Works great when you don't swap controls!

Many thanks indeed.

Michael Freeman
P3d 5.2HF2
Win 10
i9-10900
Nvidia 3090
32Gb RAM

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

I have a question, are your computer's system times in sync?
Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
skelsey

Post by skelsey »

Hello Clifton,

Just to say same problem here -- spontaneous time acceleration within a few minutes of changing controls this morning. We had FSUIPC4 running but are planning to try removing it ahead of our next session -- however, the information from Michael above would seem to suggest that the changes of this being the fix are slim!

Unfortunately didn't see this post early enough to confirm whether the system times are in sync but will keep an eye out for that in future -- I suspect the chances of both PC times being precisely synchronised are fairly slim. The time in P3D is certainly synchronised, however.

As Michael says, no problem until controls are handed over, which does rather defeat the object of being able to fly/instruct interactively.

Fingers crossed for a resolution -- let me know if there is any more information that can be provided. We are running an increasingly large-scale training programme using shared cockpit technology, so it would be nice to see this resolved and very happy to help out where possible to track it down!

Best,

Simon
skelsey

Post by skelsey »

Hello,

Just as a follow up to this - experienced this problem again today with a different student. No FSUIPC etc.

Checked our system times and my student's (P3D multiplayer session client) system time was approx 20 seconds ahead of mine (P3D session host).

Cheers,

Simon
skelsey

Post by skelsey »

Hello again,

Another instance today, again within approx 3 minutes of switching controls from host to client.

Client system time was approx 22 seconds ahead of mine.

If it is of interest, my frame rates were limited to 30fps whilst the other party's were unlimited.

FSUIPC disabled at both ends.

Very frustrating. We ended up returning to FSX-SE, which just works!

Best,

Simon
limabean767

Post by limabean767 »

I am largely now of the belieft transfering controls seems to be a trigger for this - although, to be fair, it doesn't happen *every* time.

In a session when controls are not handed between one pilot and another I've not seen this behaviour yet.

What if anything else can we provide you in terms of debug LM in order to try and get this bug quashed?