[RESOLVED] 10 " Blue Screen" in two days

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
asanal

Post by asanal »

I need help. P3D is crashing every time when I tried to fly.

Last 15 days, every thing was smooth, and I was really happy with P3D.I tried defaults planes and addons , it didnt make any difference. My GPU was running high temperature and Dell changed motherboard, new Video card GTX 580 and all fans including liquid cooling system. Still I am getting blue screen. Now, not only P3D also FSX crashing too. I am totally stucked, no P3D and no FSX at this time.

I several times uninstall and reinstall P3d and never received error messages regarding installation. My FSX cfg.fl tweaked by Jesus Bojote venetubo.com since 2010. Never had any problem.I also swithched P3D cfg.fl with JB FSX Cfg.fl still crashed.

May I send some PC log (where is it) maybe you can review and you can have an idea what is going on. :(

Thanks

Sanal
Celis

Post by Celis »

did u reinstall windows after all that hardware change?

you can check the error with this tool.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Good luck..

Alex
asanal

Post by asanal »

Thanks

I was already experiencing with Blue Screen before hardware changes. All errorrs and blue screens happening with P3D related activities and lately jumped to FSX.

I am sure P3D has some kind events logs in their software. I am hopping some3D expert, can review these events and can give some advise.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

Hi Ahmet, I suggest you run a memory test; did you install the nirsoft tool?
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
asanal

Post by asanal »

Jan, I reinstalled windows ( THX Alex) two days I did not experinced any Blue Screen. Finaly I will make a test flight tomorrow. I hope this nightmare is over.

Best regards :)

Ahmet
WBard

Post by WBard »

Hi Ahmet -

Glad it looks like you got your issues resolved.

Hardware issues are a difficult issue to diagnose.

Thanks for your support of Prepar3D!
nasserms

Post by nasserms »

I am currently facing a lot of blue screen issues when I do a few menu changes in full screen e.g Weather change / airport change etc however it flies like a beauty if I dont touch the menus at all . Any advice?

Jude

Post by Jude »

Bluescreens (if you mean BSOD's) are hardware issues interfacing with the OS, usually Memory or Graphic Card issues

or drivers at kernel level of the OS.

Application software very rarely (if ever) cause these to occur.

Check the event logs under application to see what .dll is causing it.

Start Run eventvwr will bring up the event viewer

Open the Windows Logs => Application

Look for anything with a red circle with an exclaimation mark to give you more information.

adamjedgar

Post by adamjedgar »

Quote:
Quote from nasserms on October 9, 2012, 11:46

I am currently facing a lot of blue screen issues when I do a few menu changes in full screen e.g Weather change / airport change etc however it flies like a beauty if I dont touch the menus at all . Any advice?

I notice u r running ur system over clocked to 4.2ghz. Turning off over clocking would be a starting point on ur troubleshooting adventure!

just because an over clocked system runs stable in windows doesn't mean that will remain the case once u load up the CPU running very cpu demanding applications like a simulator. You cannot compare a sim against a graphics heavy app like killingfloor or battlefield, which my understanding is, are more graphics card dependent than CPU. So whilst your system may run fine with games over clocked, that isn't proof it should run fine with prepared or fsx.

I'd be looking at the over clocking configuration...and to begin with simply turn it off (back to factory defaults)

Kind regards Adam
rtheil

Post by rtheil »

For future bluescreen issues, take a look at a program called "who crashed", which is free. It provides a great resource to troubleshoot bluescreen problems.