P3 1.4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application

Post by 2391212 »

With version 1.4 out, do we still need to tweek the config file? I tried 1.4 last night and it seemed very smooth. I then added some automated config changes (http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html) and notice little if any difference. So, my question is, do we still need these automated changes? Without them, there is no affinity mask support added, but like i said, I didn't notice any apprciable perfermance jump as a result of adding them.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Bill
Sulset72

Post by Sulset72 »

Interesting. Has Lockheed-Martin changed any of the default values for one or several of the parameters in the *.cfg, or are some new ones added, but hidden? The release notes dont specify. I have successfully installed 1.4 too, but I have not yet made any changes anywhere, no oc, no add-ons, just testing clean 1.4 on fresh Windows before doing anything, so it will later be easier to feel potential side-effects of any add-ons etc. So far, so good. (Are we posting in the wrong topic?)
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

You can run the tool and set the affinity according your processor in use.
|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |