[RESOLVED] TrackIR

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
FSVKenny

Post by FSVKenny »

Hot dog Canuck!!!!!!!! That worked! I backed up Perpa's language.dll and coyped FSX's language.dll over to Perpar3D's floder and we are back in buisness!
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I'm glad it's not just me. :-)

bakayoyo

Post by bakayoyo »

Quote:
Quote from Canuck on May 28, 2012, 14:36

I read a partially related thread at the SOH today in relation to Golden Wings not being able to utilise TrackIR within FSX. The suggestion which resolved the issue was to use a modified language.dll file. So I thought Aha! How about a copy/paste of the language.dll from FSX into P3D --- having backed up the P3d file first of course ---- Eurika it works. Now, I have only used it for a short amount of time and have no idea as to possible consequences, just keeping my fingers crossed.

File version is 10.0.616.37.0 dated 26/09/2007 for reference.

If I have violated some forum policy please delete this posting.

Thank you for that tip. It does seem to work for TrackIR, and I find the native support a lot smoother than using it trough EZdok. Unfortunately it does create some new problems. The menu structure is affected and also flight saves don't seem to work anymore. But having it as an option is a great addition.
Penzoil3

Post by Penzoil3 »

Track IR works with the cut and pasted language.dll, yes. However, flights do not save correctly, nor do screenshots. They both go into the FSX folders instead of the Prepar 3D folders. I went back to the original file. I'll stay with EZDOK. The induced malfunctions of the replacement language.dll aren't worth it.

Sue
RoboRay

Post by RoboRay »

I found this solution on "another P3D forum"...

1. get your hand on a dll editor (use google to find one)

2. open language.dll in Prepar3D root folder

3. under STRING change line No 2 to "Microsoft Flight Simulator X"

Everything seems to work properly.

Thanks to AdamFrench for figuring out exactly what change is needed in the DLL. It is still a band-aid solution, not a real fix of the underlying issue, though.

Boerries

Post by Boerries »

WBard

Post by WBard »

As an update - TrackIR has an updated beta of their new SW release that supports Prepar3D. Be sure to thank NaturalPoint for their Prepar3D support, we are very excited that TrackIR now supports Prepar3D:

http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubb ... #Post53140