Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
dosel99

Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Post by dosel99 »

Since the first upgrade to P3dV5 over a year ago, my FIP refuses to power up after a reboot. It is installed with Flight_Instrument_Panel_x64_Drivers_8.0.150.0 and Prepar3Dv4_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.150.0 and I have followed install procedure including use of USBEnhancedPowerManagementDisabler and verifying Power mangement is off in device properties. Is is plugged into a powered 5A 13 port USB 3.0 HUB with other Logitech Panels, all boot and work properly once P3D is launched except the FIP. My only current workaround is to run Flight_Instrument_Panel_x64_Drivers_8.0.150.0.exe prior to lauching P3D. All functions and screens are available when booted this way. Slightly annoying. Any ideas on things to try would be greatly appreciated.
System stats in signature below.

Thanks
JorgenSA

Re: Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Post by JorgenSA »

I don't have these panels myself, but have you tried these tips, which are step 1 in any suspected connection issues?

Try unplugging your USB connections and then plug them back in, but do not necessarily put the plugs back in the sockets that they came from. Make sure they fit snugly and are pushed all the way in.

You wrote that the hub the panel is connected to is powered - good thing. But are all your hubs powered?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
joshuamarius

Re: Logitech Flight Instrument Panel

Post by joshuamarius »

In addition to the reply above, remove ALL USB devices and plug in the FIPS directly to a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard and try again. keep us updates :)