[RESOLVED] Hardware Change Question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
sportpilot67

[RESOLVED] Hardware Change Question

Post by sportpilot67 »

Hello,

Forgive me if this has been asked. I could not find anything specific to my situation.

I replaced motherboard and cpu. Old setup was AMD and new setup is AMD. Same graphics card is being used as well as my same SSD with my operating system. P3D is on a separate drive.

I never deactivated my client license before doing my upgrade. Is this going to cause issues?

Is it worth deactivating and reactivating on the new setup even though I am using my same operating system SSD?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses.

Ray
mpni

Re: Hardware Change Question

Post by mpni »

Hi sportpilot67
https://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/
DOWNLOADING AND ACTIVATING PREPAR3D
Why can I no longer activate after I have reinstalled Prepar3D, updated software, updated hardware, or installed Prepar3D on a new machine? I am getting error 5013 when trying to install. What do I need to do?

Depending on the license you have, it is likely that you have reached the limited number of activations for your specific license. While the licensing software does recognize that the installs are being done on the same computer, if enough of the computer’s information changes (operating system, external hardware, graphics cards, etc.), it will flag your setup as a different computer. If you need an additional activation, because of a hardware change or you are moving the license to a new computer, please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with your License ID and a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated. Your request will be fulfilled within two business days.

So you need to desactivate your licence before changing motherboard and CPU.

Regards
Michel
Last edited by mpni on Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

Thanks for the reply.

My P3D starts up just fine. I have no errors or issues that I can see.

I asked my question originally because twice my simulator just froze after flying over 90 minutes and that never happened before.

Ray
sportpilot67

Post by sportpilot67 »

This posting can be closed.

I performed DDU, deleted shader folder and cfg file.

Have not had an issue since.

Ray