DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Uriah

DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by Uriah »

hello
When I use the autopilot in P3Dv5 and ATC is being used I get "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" on my EGVA GTX 1080 Ti and P3Dv5 crashes. Any ideas ????
Uriah

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by Uriah »

Found that when you are in autopilot and you use ATC it crashes the system. JOY! The ATC is rubbish in p3dv4 and is even worse in p3dv5.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Uriah wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:20 pm hello
When I use the autopilot in P3Dv5 and ATC is being used I get "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" on my EGVA GTX 1080 Ti and P3Dv5 crashes. Any ideas ????
I seen in another post that LM is aware of the ATC problem and it is being looked into.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Gibbon62

Post by Gibbon62 »

I'm getting the same issue, ATC usage plus autopilot = game crash
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hello, last night I had exactly the same crash with DXGI; today I installed the last Nvidia pilot version 445.87 of April for my GTX1080, used the A2A C172 Trainer aircraft with the autopilot activated and made a VFR flight of about 1 hour and no crashes from start to finish even using the game's ATC. I don't know if installing the latest Nvidia pilot solves the problem or if the aircraft addons are not yet updated for P3D v5 that would cause these problems; I'll see in the next few days if it does it again. I use the DirectX settings in the game because I also have an MS sidewinder FFB2 as joystick and FFB is a plus to drive.
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Yesterday I flew from LGAV (Athens) to Corfu (LGKR) using PA A319 and used the autopilot all the way but I did not use ATC at all, and there was no sim crash. There is a big problem somewhere and it points to the ATC. LM in my opion needs to do some repairs.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

We are aware of the ATC issue and are trying to fix it. We've narrowed the issue down to a potential text rendering problem in the Dx12 build of Scaleform we are using for v5. This may also be related to the menu flashing issue as the menus also use Scaleform.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

Thank you for that Beau. There is also a tearing going thru the clouds at the top of the screen which might also be related to flashing menu. hmmm
ReinFlight

Post by ReinFlight »

Yes, I found the same problem. A week ago I made a fresh new install of Win10 (1909) and P3Dv5 academic. Further more I installed my V5 compliant ORBX products and latest version of FSUIPC (V5 compatible).

I tried 2 times the same scenario. Default Mooney Bravo, ORBX TE Netherlands, short IFR from EHGR to EHEH. Before taxiing I set the altitude in the AP, but of course did not yet set AP to on.

During taxiing I got de DXGI-error message. Second time I tried this scenario same problem.

Hardware used: A dual core Intel CPU at 4,8 GHz (overclocked), 16 GB RAM and GTX 1080 TI

Rein

Happy flying from the Netherlands
CTVredvirus

Post by CTVredvirus »

Any news on potential update fixing DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG because running out of dedicated video memory?
OCZ 1250W, Asus Maximus X formula, Intel 8086k, 32GB Ram, RTX 2080.
P3D addons: PMDG 737ngx, 777, 747, 737ngxuORBX Global, eurpoe, vector and ESSA, AS, FS2CREW, UT LIVE, P3Dv4 and 5. CLS-E MK II RUDDER WITH TOE BRAKES & CLS-E MK II BUNDLE
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

From all the differant forums I been reading I have come to the conclusion it is down to Microsoft, DX12 and this operating system which I hate with a passion, Windows spyware 10. Now Windows 7 was the dog's kahoona's, absolutely AWESOME. I bet P3Dv5 will work like a dream in Win 7. OK that is my rant for the day.......finished.
Uriah

Post by Uriah »

P3Dv5 is not refreshing very well at all,so I am wondering if this has anything to do with the DX12 issue.
Richard Plantagenet

Post by Richard Plantagenet »

I can confirm on my i7-9700k and RTX 2080 Super combo that it is indeed the ATC window causing my problem.

ATC window on - 15 minutes max.
ATC window off - no crash after 1 hour.

Hoping to see the solution soon.

Glenn
EmpireKicking

Post by EmpireKicking »

Wasn't even using the ATC and I get that error. with the hotfix also.

All I did was changed different aircraft and camera view. ANd P3d Crash. So was this fixed or it's my end here
CPU:i7-10700K 5.3GHz STORAGE:1.5TB SSD, 3TB HDD MB:Asus ROG Strix Z490-E GPU:1660TI 6gb OC Edition RAM:32GB DDR4 3200Mhz Vengeance
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

EmpireKicking wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:24 pm Wasn't even using the ATC and I get that error. with the hotfix also.

All I did was changed different aircraft and camera view. ANd P3d Crash. So was this fixed or it's my end here
Other things could cause it.

Which OS and OS version?
System specs?

What were you flying / doing when you got the error?

Which aircraft were you switching from and to?

Have you changed the default flight?

Do you have any Add-ons installed?

Is the problem repeatable?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)